Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   We have a Hobby Lobby store coming to our town (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/we-have-hobby-lobby-store-coming-our-town-t56736.html)

Dee 07-30-2010 08:31 PM

Love hobby lobby. Their suppose to be putting one our also. Can't wait.

4dogs 07-30-2010 08:54 PM

oh I am SO jealous...........how I would love to hava a Hobby Lobby near me.........they sometimes have great fabric on sale, and it ends up being about $2.00 a yard..I have found some great deals, and I only get to go into the store when we are traveling and I find one along the way!!

JCL in FL 07-30-2010 09:23 PM

We're getting one also. Loved it in Illinois and missed it when we moved here.

IBQUILTIN 07-30-2010 10:17 PM

Very much like JoAnn's But, I like their prices a little better. Got my Morgan Hoop there for about $15.00 less than anywhere else

galvestonangel 07-30-2010 11:06 PM

I love Hobby Lobby, I think it is much better than JoAnn's. Since Joann's went so much into other hobbies, they don't carry as much fabric or the quality either.

muptain 07-30-2010 11:46 PM

You must live by me. I am so excited for it to come. It is a cross between JoAnn's and Michaels. Great ideas! Not necessary the best quality fabric but great prices. Lots of home deco and holiday type things too.

Patched 07-31-2010 03:43 AM

You are going to love your new HL. I really like to go to ours in OKC and my gd loves to go and wander up and down every aisle. She is 13 and loves the craft and miniature depts. ClairVoyAnt (sorry if not spelled right) where is the warehouse? I have been by the corporate headquarters in Okla. City many, many times but did not know the had a warehouse that sold to the public. Thank you for your information.

Annz 07-31-2010 06:58 AM

No never heard of them

Patched 07-31-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Patched
You are going to love your new HL. I really like to go to ours in OKC and my gd loves to go and wander up and down every aisle. She is 13 and loves the craft and miniature depts. ClairVoyAnt (sorry if not spelled right) where is the warehouse? I have been by the corporate headquarters in Okla. City many, many times but did not know the had a warehouse that sold to the public. Thank you for your information.

Also wanted to say that I admire the company for closing their stores on Sunday. Definitely a testimony to their Christian beliefs, shows money is not their god

deranged_damsel 07-31-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by judi wess
Hobby Lobby is a store that my nonsewing friend and I like to shop together. She crochets and I quilt and knit. They have a really great yarn called "Love That Yarn", I think that is the name. Anyway, it is a good price. Bought a nice velvet there for Christmas projects, the kind you can emboss. Bought stuff for my wedding there, good sale. Enjoy.

YES!!!! I buy this yarn for ALL of my baby afghans! it is simply lovely! and the price is very good! they have over 50 colors :D