Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wedding dress quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wedding-dress-quilt-t109816.html)

mrspete 03-23-2011 08:25 PM

Jane, the throw is so lovely. I'm sure it will be treasured.

I never had a wedding dress and so this has been the most charming thread. How blessed you all are.

I got married in a houndstooth suit, green and white.

I am blessed anyway. Thank you all, Ruth

LovinMySoldier 03-23-2011 09:00 PM

I bought a dress off craigslist for 50 bucks to make into a quilt. It was so pretty. The lady said she paid over 1,000 for it. I didn't want to cut mine open. My hubby and I want to take wedding photos again at our 10 year anniversary (5 years in and it still fits, hopefully it will fit in another 5:) ) Anyways it was SOOO easy to cut into someone else's dress! If I screwed up too much I wouldn't feel all that bad. I can't decide what pattern to do. So I have the dress apart but it is sitting and waiting. Good Luck!
Have you chosen a pattern?

gaigai 03-23-2011 09:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm so glad that no one has done this with our family wedding dresses. My niece just got engaged, and at her wedding she is going to have a display of 4 generations of wedding dresses. Here she is in them, but she isn't wearing any of them. They will just be on display. We are so thrilled to have them.

Kelly in her mother's gown 1982
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174093[/ATTACH]

Kelly in her grandmother's gown 1954
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174094[/ATTACH]

Kelly in her great grandmother's gown 1932
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174095[/ATTACH]

vschieve 03-23-2011 09:25 PM

They all three look beautiful on her.

JanieH 03-23-2011 09:26 PM

She is a beautiful bride!

gaigai 03-23-2011 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by JanieH

Yes she is!! But she's not wearing any of these dresses, she is wearing her own, very modern dress.

JanieH 03-23-2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Yes she is!! But she's not wearing any of these dresses, she is wearing her own, very modern dress.

I hope you will post a picture of her after the wedding in her own dress. Would love to see her!

gaigai 03-23-2011 11:24 PM

I hope you will post a picture of her after the wedding in her own dress. Would love to see her!

The wedding isn't until May 2012, so there's a long wait!

ncsewer 03-24-2011 03:33 AM

What wonderful pictures and the display is a great idea.

I'm so glad that no one has done this with our family wedding dresses. My niece just got engaged, and at her wedding she is going to have a display of 4 generations of wedding dresses. Here she is in them, but she isn't wearing any of them. They will just be on display. We are so thrilled to have them.

gaigai 03-24-2011 04:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ncsewer
What wonderful pictures and the display is a great idea.

I have to admit I got really misty-eyed at the sight of her in my grandmother's gown (her gr-grandmother). I was very close to my grandmother, who fit into that gown on her 50th wedding anniversary!! Her doctor used to say to her that he could set his scales by her weight each year. Alas, she didn't pass that part down to me! ROFL!!

Here is Kelly in MY wedding dress!