Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This week's motivational pep talk! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/weeks-motivational-pep-talk-t210993.html)

solstice3 01-16-2013 11:28 AM

can I retire???? that would solve all my problems!!

butterflies5518 01-16-2013 11:46 AM

I am motiviated to sort/trim my scrap basket (almost done). Then I read that you should make a list of 10 quilts you would like to do. When one is finished add the next, never more than 10 on your list. I have put together 5 quilt kits so far and with a limit of only 10 I feel less stress with trying to keep up with what to do next. Sorted all magazines and vowed not to print any more patterns from the internet. I am also on a no fabric buying till my 10 wips are finished - I am on day 16! Awesome!

fireworkslover 01-16-2013 12:30 PM

I've been spending a lot of time watching videos online. I am learning things, so not all that time is wasted. But I do feel like a slug at the end of the day. I've a major project to get fmq and then 2 others in the planning stages of what to do, how to make this, since both are new methods for me. I do have a book to follow for each one, so hopefully I'll not encounter any problems.

MargeD 01-16-2013 01:55 PM

There must be something in the air. The last 2-3 weeks I have been attempting to clean and organize my sewing area, as well as clearing up some UFOs. I am nearly finished making the blocks from last year's Craftsy BOM - got behind when I fell, had neck surgery and 4 + months of rehab learning to walk and use my hands again. I was so proud of myself when I was able to drive again, so I wasn't a prisoner in my own home - my husband can't drive any more, and I've been motivated to finish that BOM and several other UFOs; so I'm making a dent and at least once a week I take a plastic tote of fabric, empty it and refold and reorganize, making more room in my totes so I can reduce the number of totes of fabrics I have in my "STASH" (too much fabric to say I have a "stash"). Keep up the good work and I'll try to keep up with your posts.

SandiGrove 01-16-2013 02:34 PM

I am in I have de - cluttered my sewing room - done the magazines, and in the clean up found I have way too many kits arghhhhh! So cause we are going to have a very hot w/e - again may start one!

PenniF 01-16-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 5788279)
Does it matter if you can write your name on the dust on the furniture. I hate housework after 55 years. There ought to be some kind of law or something that says you are forbidden to do housework after 65 yrs young. Don't you agree?I am In .

The rule at our house is - it's OK to write your name in the dust - just don't date it !!!!!!!!!:D

barny 01-16-2013 03:00 PM

Sewingsuz, don't touch that furniture with you're hand. It'll show you haven't dusted in a while. I don't touch mine. And I dare anyone in this house to do that. Besides, it might scratch the furniture.!

meanmom 01-16-2013 08:22 PM

I'm in. I have been trying to stick to my new rule for the new year, that I have to finish 2 UFO's to start a new project. So far so good. Of course the year has hardly started. Time for bed. The alarm seems to go off awfully early in the mornings.

Silver Needle 01-16-2013 08:26 PM

I'm in. I'd get farther if I didn't have boot on foot for bone spur/Achilles tendon problem.

Minister 01-16-2013 09:56 PM

I'm in. Trying to convert my daughter's room to my sewing room. Thanks for the motivation. Hoping to finish soon and get sewing. She just got her own house. Whoopie!!!!!