Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/welcome-virtual-quilting-weekend-fourth-july-edition-t249504.html)

Raggiemom 07-04-2014 04:06 AM

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition!

It's a gorgeous day here in Cincinnati but I'm planning to spend most of it inside quilting. I just finished making a macaroni salad and have assorted meats to grill out at lunch. Then I shouldn't have to cook too much the rest of the weekend. I have several Christmas/craft sale projects all laid out ready to work on. I hope there will be many others taking advantage of the three day weekend who will be able to join in. As always, would love to hear and see what everyone is working on.

peaceandjoy 07-04-2014 04:26 AM

It's supposed to be a perfect (for me!) day here in the Finger Lakes - high of mid-70's, which is wonderful after a week of upper-80's with high humidity.

We have a pretty low-key day planned, and some sewing is definitely on my schedule. I'm going to work on a July small quilt challenge and my Celtic Solstice, which I totally stalled out on!

ManiacQuilter2 07-04-2014 04:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My church group is making placemats for Christmas to go to people on the Meals on Wheels program. I have made these so far from Robert Kaufman new line called Holiday Flourish 7......

quiltinghere 07-04-2014 04:55 AM

MANIACQUILTER - Those are very pretty placemats! Placemats are on my list of things to make.

RAGGIEMOM - Thanks for starting the Virtual Sew Along. It's fun to be 'accountable' and see what everyone is up to with their quilting projects!

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here and will be spent with friends. BUT...I've already dabbled in something quilting related. I've pressed open a bunch of HST I'm swapping later this month.

Later on, I'll work on longarm quilting a sampler quilt which needs to be returned to my client by next weekend. If I get time later this weekend, I'd like to gather fabrics from my stash for a 'retirement' quilt I need to make by the end of August.

Glad this is a LONG weekend for me! Happy 4th of July to everyone! Be safe!

Nan - Indiana

barri1 07-04-2014 04:57 AM

I'm so excited.. It's supposed to rain a good part of the day, and that means I don't have to leave the house, and I can sew without feeling guilty of missing the sunshine..

retiredteacher09 07-04-2014 05:23 AM

I'm excited to be joining you for the day.

I plan to finish a binding on a UFO. I need to figure out what I did wrong when I used my binding tool to connect up the ends. I usually don't have a problem. Oh, well! At least it's a short seam to undo. The binding is too long and twisted.

I also want to finish a row of braids for a nephew's wedding quilt along with cleaning off one of my cutting areas.

It is a beautiful morning here so I will open up the windows and listen to the birds singing outside while I accomplish these goals.

Connie

#1piecemaker 07-04-2014 05:29 AM

I'll be here too!! I'm going to be working on my hand stitched 4 patch posie. Its coming right along. Then I might quilt on on the longarm that I need to get done. I'll post my progress as the day moves along!

kristakz 07-04-2014 05:39 AM

Yipee! It's not an official holiday here today, but I booked the day off work just because (my boss is in the US, so I won't be missed :) ). Planning to get some longarm quilting done - one customer quilt I really need to get started on. Hopefully finished, but that's probably optimistic. And I want to spend some time in my sewing room working on *my* projects this weekend. We'll see how that turns out. I did start the day off by finishing my block of the week a whole day early this week :)

hcarpanini 07-04-2014 05:56 AM

Practically neighbors. Hi from Madison, IN.

QuiltingVagabond 07-04-2014 06:11 AM

I will join for a bit this morning! I am working on a fall pumpkin panel kit that I picked up at a show last year. Making HSTs with Thangles for the first time. I haven't decided yet if I like them or not. And I am sewing with my vintage White 77 machine - twin to the one I learned to sew on long, long ago :thumbup: