Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Well, I'm going to be different :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/well-im-going-different-t166018.html)

Camping Angel 11-05-2011 07:49 PM

Suits me fine! Lots of little "extras". I just found a place to view all my previous posts.

meanmom 11-05-2011 07:49 PM

growing on me

I was really hating the new forum at first. I am having trouble finding things that i usually read. I don't understand how all these people are finding all these things. I am slowly finding things. I will give it a few weeks and see how it is.

hpylady 11-05-2011 09:30 PM

You know what, now that you all have mentioned about the background color, I can't even remember what the background color looked like. lol! Well, we will get used to the new look and changes, people, please give it a chance and don't leave us. Repetitions makes it easier, as in everything else we have to learn. After we learn, we sit back and wonder, why was it so hard to me.

quilterella 11-06-2011 03:09 AM

I really like the fact that when you are replying to a post, the original post is right above where you are typing, so you don't have to flip back and forth to make sure you are answering correctly. I can read the original and answer it at the same time...love it...love it...love it.

stitchengramie 11-06-2011 03:13 AM

I am beginning to like it also. I like how more organized the the board is. I am still learning my way around the board thou. I feel like I am on a treasure hunt.

SamSew 11-06-2011 03:30 AM

I love the new format of the board, still finding some great discoveries as I wander around. But found where the bookmarks are also.

twinkle 11-06-2011 03:46 AM

As well as the things already mentioned, I like that you can hide peoples signatures and the email you get for new pm's you can read the pm without having to come to the board.

Something I've not used yet, but I think will come in handy is being able to change how you view a thread to hybrid, sometimes I love the pattern of a quilt someone posts a pic of in the first post, but if the thread is a long one I have to go through every page to see if someone else asks and they mention whats the pattern is called, with hybrid you can quickly scan through the love its etc to see if the poster posts again.

bambiquilts 11-06-2011 05:55 AM

I like it too!

lfletcher 11-06-2011 05:58 AM

Thanks for your post. I am still learning my way around, but I'm sure I'll get there. I was appalled by how nasty some of the posts were from people at the beginning who didn't like the changes. I'm glad to see that now the posts are turning more positive.

ywoodruff5 11-06-2011 09:00 AM

The board becomes more "comfortable" every day. Kind of like acquiring a taste for a new food which soon becomes one of your favorites. Besides, I would be in serious withdrawal without the board - ask me how I know this.....lol.