Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Well, they went and did it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/well-they-went-did-t46520.html)

EagarBeez 05-20-2010 09:02 AM

My local Walmart went and moved their fabric dept with the remodeling, and made it much, much smaller. Have not walked the aisle to see what they had, but, their prices are $4.74 the cheapest, other then the one small table with $1.00 fabrics which had about 8 -10 fabrics on it. Guess I will just not bother with the fabric dept anymore.

quiltluvr 05-20-2010 09:57 AM

Back in the day, I used to like digging for remnants. None around here have fabric that I know of. Last one I was at was last year in Garden Grove, CA and that store had a big fabric department. Found a Cranston VIP print that I had been hunting for, but it was in another color. I still bought several yards.

luv-e 05-20-2010 10:14 AM

I hear Ya, Ours is ready for a remodel and I figure it is a matter of time and our material will be gone :cry:
I wonder????? Are their any mills to go to in the south???
That would be worth a road trip or I guess we could all go to Arkansas to Marshall's.

QuiltingGrannie 05-20-2010 03:54 PM

For those in the Johnson City, TN area---- our Walmart store is set for a remodel within the next month. The fabric dept, the latest I've heard, will be smaller! We will be keeping the fabrics currently on the back wall and 'some' of the other, but I don't know what will or won't be there anymore.
I really hate it for all of us.
I'd say be on the look out for sales at the very end of this month or first part of and through June. And sales may be throughout the store, not just fabrics/crafts. No sales yet....just some new fabric! (????)

QuiltingGrannie 05-20-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e
I hear Ya, Ours is ready for a remodel and I figure it is a matter of time and our material will be gone :cry:
That would be worth a road trip or I guess we could all go to Arkansas to Marshall's.

Don't know about mills, but there is Mary Jo's in NC. I am thinking about going there in June, just to drool.

smagruder 05-20-2010 04:38 PM

I am going to try to write Wal Mart to let them know that there are a lot of sewers and quilters who are VERY disappointed with their decision to stop carrying fabric. They made a lot of money on us....we won't be shopping there as much.. at least, I won't. I shop where I get what I want and need...... and I NEED my fabric!!!!

dsb38327 05-20-2010 04:40 PM

Just imagine how much free advertisement Wal-mart has gotten because they removed their fabric.

luv-e 05-20-2010 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie

Originally Posted by luv-e

Don't know about mills, but there is Mary Jo's in NC. I am thinking about going there in June, just to drool.

Just looked up Mary Jo's ""WOW"" I would drool too.
:hunf: lucky you.

pam1966 05-20-2010 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Just imagine how much free advertisement Wal-mart has gotten because they removed their fabric.

:lol: No kidding!

CoyoteQuilts 05-20-2010 09:34 PM

I never had a problem dropping between 35-50 bucks a paycheck in the fabric department at Wal-Mart, but now that $ goes to my LQS or online stores. So, now unless it is something that I can only get there more of my money goes elsewhere. They are also changing to their brand of items and taking away the name brand stuff so shopping with the ads at my grocery stores has become cheaper.