Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/went-joannes-my-60%25-off-coupon-today-t60425.html)

harrishwhippets 08-20-2010 09:31 AM

OK I know we all had wish list's with our coupons and I'm wanting to hear from those who go, how well you did. I was a little miffed that everything, and I mean everything on my list was on sale. I finally bought a 20 yard bolt of fusible pellon that I use for T-shirt quilts and may try it with a few hand bag patterns if I use Cotton and may not want to quilt it. I probably should have bought minke cause it was not on sale @13.99 a yard, but I couldn't remember what colors I have and did not want to repeat a color. I even tried to buy black Kona which I use a lot of black and white Kona, but they didn't have much on any rolls, only like a couple of yards or so and it looked beat in both stores. So I came home with my pellon and guess I saved a little. Please tell me that some of you made out better than I did. I usually do better when they have a 50% off coupon now and than cause they have a larger selection of my items. GOOD LUCK!!!

gale 08-20-2010 09:36 AM

I wish they were good next weekend. I only got 50% and 40% (dh has a mailer too :D ) but we won't be near a decent Joann's until next weekend. I figure it's not much better than a regular coupon anyway...

np3 08-20-2010 09:39 AM

I have a 50% off but not 60%. Where did you get that one?

gale 08-20-2010 09:40 AM

The 60% was a scratch-off coupon. I think the possibilities were anywhere from 20% or maybe 30% up to 80%.

harrishwhippets 08-20-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by np3
I have a 50% off but not 60%. Where did you get that one?

The last flyer I received had a scratch off on the back and I was one of the lucky ones with a 60%, but the whole darn store was on sale and really had a hard time finding something to use it on. Gosh darn them all to heck!!!

Jamiestitcher62 08-20-2010 09:42 AM

Yea, I never understood why they even bother with the mailings, because everything is always on sale and the couple is worthless most of the time.

I went once and the sale was for 50% off on Olfa cutting mats and cutting tools I got the rotary one that costs like $70.00 without even being able to use a coupon. To be it sounds like they should save the money on the mailers since the sales are permanent. They just rotate the items on sale from week to week.

melslove 08-20-2010 09:42 AM

I only got a 40% one, bummer.

RatherB Quilting 08-20-2010 10:22 AM

WOOT! I got a 60% one! I will have to stop in and see if I can find anything worth using it on. I agree it is super frustrating to get a great coupon only to find they have already put everything on sale for 20 or 30% off.
I'll find something if it kills me! Just got paid today too!!

bjnicholson 08-20-2010 10:27 AM

I've used them on books. The books I got were in the $25 to $30 range so with 40% off it's been a good deal. Of course, Amazon is a good deal too because the same books are around $15 to $20!

Sadiemae 08-20-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by melslove
I only got a 40% one, bummer.

Me too!