Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/went-joannes-my-60%25-off-coupon-today-t60425.html)

Marcia_PA 08-20-2010 10:52 AM

I got a 60% scratch off coupon and used it on a set of 4 square rulers, originally priced @ $34.99. Yes, so many things on sale it was hard to find something.

Quilter7x 08-20-2010 10:53 AM

Too bad they don't let you use them on irons any more. 60% off an iron is a great deal. I just got 40% on my scratch card, which is fine - it's better than nothing! :D

hobo2000 08-20-2010 10:55 AM

My store lets you use the coupon only its 60% off the Regular price which stills gives me an additional 10% of anything thats 50% off. So its still a benny..

2wheelwoman 08-20-2010 11:02 AM

hobo - wish our store would let me do that, but I've asked, since I've heard this from other members, but they looked at me like I was a total dunce and said no way.

sarge1 08-20-2010 11:06 AM

I have a 70% off; was thinking of just getting a quilt book maybe, those never seem to be on sale

SueDor 08-20-2010 11:21 AM

I got an ironing board cover. I told the clerk I think that was the only thing that was on sale.

tigger5464 08-20-2010 11:29 AM

I agree. My coupon is for 50% but I was looking to get another cutting mat but those are already on sale. :( If you look at the front of the flyer...the quilting books are on sale also. (It's listed under the fabric in fine print.) :( Maybe some fabric or notions of some sort if I use it at all... :(

Mary M 08-20-2010 11:33 AM

It truly is playing mind games for a store to basically put everything on sale for 20%to 30% and then offer the coupons which are only good on things not on sale. I am becoming more and more discouaged with both JoAnn's and Hancocks because they both do the same. Since they remodeled they have brought in more stuff tosell but a lot of it is not very good quality. More and more I am buying from the LQS because the fabric is nicer. I do check often for discounted fabrics at the LQS because it does get pricey.

Originally Posted by SueDor
I got an ironing board cover. I told the clerk I think that was the only thing that was,t on sale.

:( :roll:

Darlene 08-20-2010 11:35 AM

I had a 60, a 50 and two 40's the total was $68. and some change and I only had to pay $43 and some change. The guy who rang me out was surprised it took them all. I get coupons from Joann's online almost every week also from my newspaper and then of course the flyers. All but the paper one has my name printed on it. I agree most things were already on sale. but the Kona black wasn't so I did good on that and the light box was $14.99 and I got it for ten something.

harrishwhippets 08-20-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Darlene
I had a 60, a 50 and two 40's the total was $68. and some change and I only had to pay $43 and some change. The guy who rang me out was surprised it took them all. I get coupons from Joann's online almost every week also from my newspaper and then of course the flyers. All but the paper one has my name printed on it. I agree most things were already on sale. but the Kona black wasn't so I did good on that and the light box was $14.99 and I got it for ten something.

GOOD FOR YOU!! Glad to hear someone scored. I love the kona's but the black and white only had a few yards on each bolt. They were not on sale but not one color had more than 3 yards on it. Were they hiding the fuller bolts? Both stores had very little, strange. Light box would have been a good idea, don't know how much I would have used one.