Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What about Inspira needles? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-about-inspira-needles-t48394.html)

roma 03-04-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 1126913)
One place to buy good needles is Sears. Many forget most Sears stores sells a few sewing supplies. They aren't cheaper but at least they are there.

Sorry, but needles sold at Sears are usually Organ brand. Not nearly as good as Inspira, Schmetz and Klasse'. They are of poorer quality and break easier.

roma 03-04-2012 01:04 PM

You can use Inspira needles on any machine. They will not hurt your Janome at all. That is pretty silly since your dealer tells you that simply to have you purchase 'Janome' needles. Janome does not make needles. Inspira are made in Brazil and are of very high quality. Iin strength, they are more along the lines of industrial needles. You don't have to change them as often since they are stronger and the eye is slightly larger to help accommodate thicker threads without shredding or looping. I know, I teach on all machines.

Roma

Tartan 03-04-2012 01:37 PM

If you have a needle that is currently working in your machine, compare the 2 together. Check to make sure they are the same length etc. If they look the same I would try one and see. I don't just use Bernina needles in my Bernina but like the shmetz needles too. I will have to be on the lookout to try the Inspira.

romanojg 03-04-2012 02:32 PM

I use them; one store here has them that if you buy two packages you get a 3rd one free. I buy the quilting, universal and embroidery ones and any others that I think I might need. I have a Kenmore/Janome and a Viking machine and neither one of them mind so I'm good as long as my machines are happy.

HollyDav 03-04-2012 05:18 PM

I use Inspira needles and have had no problems with them. My machine is a Viking.

Karenowc 03-04-2012 05:39 PM

that's the only needle I will put in my Pfaff mid arm machine. You can buy them at JoAnn's.

spiker_man 04-16-2012 08:30 AM

Just an FYI . . . not surprising that Husqvarna dealers are recommending Insipira needles over SCHMETZ . . . Inspira is owned by Viking Husqvarna.

KathyKat 04-16-2012 08:36 AM

I really like the Inspira needles and have used them on my Viking but now can't find them in any of our shops.

Cherylsea 04-17-2012 07:06 AM

What we were told at Convention is that Inspira were specifically designed/engineered to work with the high end Viking (and presumably Pfaff and Singer) machines. I like Schmetz better....

aussie croydon 11-03-2012 03:03 PM

I live in Australia and I am wondering if anyone can tell me where I can purchase Inspira quilting needles online in the US as they are very expensive to buy here. I also have a Pfaff and they are the only needles they work wonderful on my machine when I am quilting.
Cheers Jackie.