Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Colors Are You Looking For in 2012? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-colors-you-looking-2012-a-t172892.html)

sweet 12-23-2011 05:00 AM

I always look for greys and golds. They seem to be in a minority in my area.

ranger 12-23-2011 05:06 AM

I agree...good quality white on white are my 'always looking for' fabrics. Also blenders.

Are you going to be selling online? If you are, then I'd appreciate knowing your website address.

xsquilter 12-23-2011 05:11 AM

I would agree with the white on white, creams, off-whites. I also keep my eye open for shades of grey. Subtle designs, perhaps grey on grey designs. Oh yes, nice yellows too!
Maureen

Drue 12-23-2011 05:11 AM

Good to know you have a shop...hope you will have on line services. You're a little far away for my daily/weekly needs. I like the suggestions so far. I love it when fabrics are in groups. I made a beautiful quilt which I sold earlier this year from a grouping I had purchased a few years ago..."Vienna Nights"...I think it was Moda, but not sure. Searched all over for more, but to no avail....anyway it was small prints in blacks, deep reds, beige, and a little light turquoise thrown into some of the prints. The grouping had about 8 differnt pieces of coordinating fabrics...this is what I really like.
I will ask you one question tho...I purchased a piece of "cutesy" Christmas fabric but could only find 2 yards of it. Would like to have 1-2 more yards. It's "coyote choir" by Alexander Henry. I have tried to google it, but no success. If you come across it, could you let me know?
Good luck with your shop and I'll be watching for the web site.

Millstream Mom 12-23-2011 05:14 AM

Earthy tones (for 'Primitive" type wall hangings) - I espec love the Kansas Troubles line
Blues soft yellows soft tans
batiks
Civil War - (have a Dear Jane attempt planned for 2012,2013,2014........)

:)

coldquilter 12-23-2011 05:41 AM

Jenni- A few weeks ago there was a post on here about some new upcoming fabric called something like BFF line or something like that. There were photos and I thought it was just fabulous. I don't live near your shop but I think it will be a popular line with the people that I know. Good luck.

DebraK 12-23-2011 07:16 AM

oh, I second this!

TanyaL 12-23-2011 07:26 AM

I am always searching for burgandies that do not have ANY brown in their color - a true burgandy. Almost all of the ones I find lean toward brown or purple. I would buy solids, blenders, prints - I'm desperate.

Krisb 12-23-2011 08:10 AM

White on white, cream on cream, batiks, marbled blenders, true golds, greens that have more blue than yellow, silvers and greys have been most difficult for me to find lately.

Marcia_PA 12-23-2011 08:37 AM

This isn't a color, but for me border fabrics hard to find--the kind you might use for a 60 degree table runner or in a quilt border.