Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What colour to paint sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-colour-paint-sewing-room-t109925.html)

cpfrog 03-24-2011 03:38 AM

Mine is ANTIQUE WHITE that looks soft yellow at times and creamy white at others.

Tinabodina 03-24-2011 03:39 AM

My room is in the lower level. We decided a rich yellow and it looks and feels great!

Betty Boop 03-24-2011 03:44 AM

My sewing room has two windows also. I painted it a light yellow and it is so cheery. It faces the north so I really enjoy the cheery yellow in the winter time.

MoMoSews 03-24-2011 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I painted my sewing room a pale yellow. It keeps the light in my room bright without being garish.

Same here. I'm in the family room in the basement and yellow keeps it brighter.

ga447 03-24-2011 04:36 AM

I just painted my sewing room a light grey "knitting needles" by Sherman Williams, with white trimming and my accents is light green, yellow and a hint of orange. I haven't gotten to the accents yet.

BettyGee 03-24-2011 04:43 AM

I like a soft pale blue, very soothing. Whatever you choose it should be something that makes you feel great when you go into your room.

purrfectquilts 03-24-2011 05:00 AM

I am in agreement with Pam M's suggestions. Personally, my brain doesn't see the colors of the fabric properly if there is any conflicting color around. I work best in less confusion also. My first studio I painted a satin off white color with a pinch of purple in it. You did not see the purple but it was a nice neutral background and all the shelves, counters, etc. were white. The floor was gray. That was the best working space I have ever had.

In my son's home, the rooms I am using now are a pale, pale gold. I have trouble working with that. So, I covered one whole wall with Warm and White for a design wall and the other walls have the white bookcases, etc. It is what it is.

But, a light neutral background to the room helps it not look so cluttered when you are set up and also makes it easier as Pam M said to see the true colors.

ProudGranny5 03-24-2011 05:03 AM

When this next surgery is over & I can 'resume' my regular life.... I am going to paint my sewing room a light "minty" green. Also going to extend my sewing room out into another room; which I will use just for cutting. Sharing this room with hubby for his computer room. A closed door when I am sewing will give him 'quiet' time. Think that room will also be green!
I was told by a dear friend that 'green' represents "LIFE"
As another quilter said... each person has their own idea. Choose what best suits you!
As one commercial says..(It's my money & I want it now) in different words....
"It's YOUR room & paint it YOUR WAY!!!" :P

tryitall 03-24-2011 05:10 AM

I used a bright yellow!! Now it is my computer/office. REALLY messes up color.

Susan_Sews 03-24-2011 05:27 AM

My room is beige with a burnt orange accent wall in the area that is a Hair Shop, but now ready for a change.. My room is 18 X 24 and is a Computer/ Sewing/ LA Quilting/Scrapbook /Beauty shop. Try to combine all that with a Color. LOL Have fun deciding, I will be checking back to see if you post pictures.