Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What could I make for Christmas Gifts... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-could-i-make-christmas-gifts-t233557.html)

mdall 10-29-2013 04:48 PM

QuiltE, I havent seen someone use the term FART in a long time. Alot of people still look at it and go, What? I just love the term and the expression it brings to the face of those who dont know it and the look of pure joy for those of us that do and actually go on a FART every now and then. LOL

QuiltE 10-29-2013 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6376079)
QuiltE, I havent seen someone use the term FART in a long time. Alot of people still look at it and go, What? I just love the term and the expression it brings to the face of those who dont know it and the look of pure joy for those of us that do and actually go on a FART every now and then. LOL

Gosh ... I see it used here on the QB quite regularly!

BellaBoo 10-29-2013 05:30 PM

I have a big FART scheduled next Saturday at Marshall's Dry Goods.

lynnie 10-29-2013 05:36 PM

pillowcases, are great for that. tv remote holders, tablerunners. I made my dh a football runner for the livingroom table. the 10 minute table runner is great. those bowl warmers are great too with a jar of salsa. rice heating bags, if they are I a cold climate. the tote bags are cute with chips and a dip in them. or coasters too. let us know what you do.

sewingsuz 10-29-2013 05:44 PM

I put a tutorial on just a day or so ago for a tissue box and they do not take long at all. I made 19 of them in three days.

ann31039 10-29-2013 06:00 PM

i am making the insulated sleeves for the cast iron cookware. 2 each with their monogram embroidered on it. except for our single young guy. he's getting a potholder with a "magic the gathering" emblem embroidered on it. he's into gaming and only microwaves his meals

0tis 10-29-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6375945)
The microwave bowls for each one to use at work. DH took one to his job to use in the microwave and everyone asked where could they get one for their own. A tutorial is on the tutorial page. They are for used for heating single bowl of food, not cooking it.

I agree - I have made these for craft fairs - but they did not sell (I don't know why) so I brought them home and my family loves them - my father-in-law used one and requested his own - they work great - just make sure to use the 100% cotton batting like the potato bags use.

lockesnest 10-29-2013 06:24 PM

How about a quilted Christmas ornament?

Pat625 10-29-2013 06:56 PM

I like the mug rug idea. Even if you can't afford to add a gift card. You could get a mug at the dollar store to finish it off

zozee 10-29-2013 06:58 PM

Exactly what I was gonna say, Tartan!

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6375842)
How about some little patchwork envelopes for your gift cards.