Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What could I make for Christmas Gifts... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-could-i-make-christmas-gifts-t233557.html)

deedum 10-29-2013 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about an ipad/iphone stand for their desk? Easy to make and vey inexpensive if you use rice for filling.

deedum 10-29-2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 6376185)
I agree - I have made these for craft fairs - but they did not sell (I don't know why) so I brought them home and my family loves them - my father-in-law used one and requested his own - they work great - just make sure to use the 100% cotton batting like the potato bags use.

I think those are so neat, I would of bought some had I been there. I could so see them for co-workers. I know I can make them, it is just getting the time to do it *sigh*. they are just so cool. maybe I should give it a try for gift ideas or at least for me. thanks for reminding me.

justflyingin 10-29-2013 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6375993)
I would make a little fabric gift bags with Christmas fabric. (Like a smallish tote) Bake up some goodies to put inside, add candy and some cocoa packets and it would be darling.

This is a fantastic idea! I think I'll use it for some of my gifts that I want to give this year! :)

DOTTYMO 10-29-2013 11:20 PM

How about those things that go around a mug to keep drink warm. It is a straight rectangle with some kind of fastening at the ends and each one could represent the person.

nonda 10-30-2013 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 6376267)
How about an ipad/iphone stand for their desk? Easy to make and vey inexpensive if you use rice for filling.

Could you share where you found this? I would love to make a few of these! Thanks in advance :)

Froggiey 10-30-2013 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 6376185)
I agree - I have made these for craft fairs - but they did not sell (I don't know why) so I brought them home and my family loves them - my father-in-law used one and requested his own - they work great - just make sure to use the 100% cotton batting like the potato bags use.

I agree. They are great. We actually don't use them in the microwave. We heat our bowl of food and use it as a holder. (We eat watching the tv lots of times) also it's great with ice cream to keep your hands from getting cold. My daughter moved out for college and told me she really missed 2 things. Our garment steamer, and the fabric bowls. I made her two and she was thrilled.

maminstl 10-30-2013 03:52 AM

I'm in the microwave bowl holder camp. I needed a last minute gift a few weeks ago and was able to put one together in about 30 minutes. I think they are great!

nygal 10-30-2013 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6375833)
these fabric boxes are very popular right now and take less than an hour each to make
http://seaside-stitches.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html

Thanks for the link. Those little boxes are cute and do look easy.

ManiacQuilter2 10-30-2013 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6375945)
The microwave bowls for each one to use at work. DH took one to his job to use in the microwave and everyone asked where could they get one for their own. A tutorial is on the tutorial page. They are for used for heating single bowl of food, not cooking it.

My best friend made me one. You put it under the bowl when you microwave in a bowl thus making it easier to take the HOT bowl out without getting burned. Men do use the microwave too. Looking at the pattern, it doesn't look like it would take too much time especially if you did an assembly line. Good Luck !!

justducky65 10-30-2013 04:18 AM

I like the mug rug idea and you could try the dollar store to find matching coffee cups. Or you could pair a small package of cookies with the mug rug for those afternoon coffee/tea breaks.