Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What did you buy today any fabrics, tools, patterns etc? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-did-you-buy-today-any-fabrics-tools-patterns-etc-t37125.html)

dsj 02-23-2010 03:10 PM

Hey Charvan, who had the sales going on? Do you ever go to the shop in Watertown? I went on Saturday looking for background fabric for the pattern "Over The River and Through The Woods" I couldn't find what I was looking for bought the book 40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts. It was 30% off. Yippee!!! If I get overwhelmed with fabric choices I just buy books instead.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-23-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy

Originally Posted by isewhegolf
Went to Quilt Expo yesterday and saw all kinds of new goodies. Bought a Martelli Rotary Cutter and pack of blades, Grab-a-Roos, Famore tweezers, and beige, yellow, and red tailor's chalk. Best of all, all the great ideas didn't cost a dime!

isewhegolf

What's Grab a roos? I might need one.

I might need one too

dsj 02-23-2010 03:26 PM

I miss the quilt expo not being at Opryland anymore. Although, I did hear that it will be back in a couple of years. They are fun to go to.

charvan 02-24-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by dsj
Hey Charvan, who had the sales going on? Do you ever go to the shop in Watertown? I went on Saturday looking for background fabric for the pattern "Over The River and Through The Woods" I couldn't find what I was looking for bought the book 40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts. It was 30% off. Yippee!!! If I get overwhelmed with fabric choices I just buy books instead.

Hey dsj- the shop is in Smithville-called Becky's fabrics and More- lots and lots of name bolts of quality fabric. Lots of fat 1/4ths for $1 each; I am going back next month. Where is the shop in Watertown?

dsj 02-24-2010 09:33 AM

Thanks Charvan, I sent you a pm with directions. Have fun shopping everyone.

saf45 02-24-2010 10:00 AM

went to our walmart today ,was told they were going out of fabric, everything was half price stocked up on fabric just couldnt pass up,lol, spent 60 dollars for a lot of cotton cloth ,not sure what im going to do but looks alful pretty stacked up on my shelf.

ceegee 02-25-2010 05:35 AM

Walmart bought JOAnn fabrics so they do not want to sell fabrics in their stores bought them about two years ago
ceegee

thequilterslink 02-25-2010 10:08 AM

oh i didn't get much today, but yesterday i got 9 yards of fabric, 1 fq, a quilt book and joined a block of the month at a local quilt store, $1.00 a month, it was purple and green, my two favorite colors so i could not resist :)

kkbrand 02-25-2010 10:11 AM

I bought some quilt stencils from Quilting Creations International. I bought 15 of them on Tuesday, they should be here today or tomorrow!

Olivia's Grammy 02-25-2010 11:16 AM

I ordered 13 cones of Maxi-Lock Swirls from Atlanta Thread Co. My friend live close to them so she is picking my order up. She also ordered thread.