Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What did you buy today any fabrics, tools, patterns etc? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-did-you-buy-today-any-fabrics-tools-patterns-etc-t37125.html)

Corky 02-19-2010 09:38 AM

I cannot wait to see what you have planned for the geisha panels and fabrics. Please share it with us!

Iquilt 02-19-2010 09:49 AM

On Sunday I went to JoAnn's and bought 44 yds of kids fabic to make some more Quilts for Kids quilts.

Olivia's Grammy 02-19-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by isewhegolf
Went to Quilt Expo yesterday and saw all kinds of new goodies. Bought a Martelli Rotary Cutter and pack of blades, Grab-a-Roos, Famore tweezers, and beige, yellow, and red tailor's chalk. Best of all, all the great ideas didn't cost a dime!

isewhegolf

What's Grab a roos? I might need one.

Olivia's Grammy 02-19-2010 11:09 AM

The Geisha panels are going to be beautiful. I love that the ladies of this board are so talented and willing to share what they plan to do. Can't wait to see the finished panels.

isewhegolf 02-19-2010 11:19 AM

Grab-a-Roos are quilting gloves. I have slight arthritis and hope these help, not only with machine quilting, but also with hand sewing.

cminor 02-19-2010 11:21 AM

I bought another small wall hanging packet. This one is for March and is supossed to help teach boarders. Gotta start somewerhe. I am trying to branch out from 8 in squares!

ToucanSam 02-19-2010 11:22 AM

Yesterday I bought some Thangles to try hst's for a BOM at one of the LQS. Today, I'm contemplating the purchase of about 2 dozen fq's for an easy 'Block Party' quilt, something bright to get my brain off of the black triangles I've been working with.

:)

Rachel 02-19-2010 11:23 AM

I got some thread... I know not terribly exciting. sniff

Mousie 02-19-2010 11:42 AM

Shhh! will be eventually making a quilt for DH...it's a BOM, so might be for Christmas 2011.
Bought some black, a tan, black on black print, and a luscious brown with a beautiful gold and gold metallic in it.
Super scrumptious fabric!
oh, and a cream on a very pale yellow with tiny bits of yellow-gold for the background of blocks. shhh!
(you didn't hear it from me... :wink: )

Quiltntime 02-19-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi,

I thought this would be a cool thread to find out what we buy for our quilting and sewing addiction.

I went to Joann's Fabric today and used my 50% coupon and bought a pair of those Fiskars snippers for rag quilts. Also bought a yard of white fabric to see if I can make those siggie blocks for the swap here on this board.

Also stopped by Meijer and purchased 1 quilt magazine and 1 sewing magazine!

So hubby said that was my belated Valentines gifts, that is fine with me! ha ha

Karen "Craftybear"

I also went to Joann's. Took advantage of 2, 50% off coupons. On-line, and by mail. Bought a Nancy Zieman book, and Ominigrid sq. value pack templates. I've been buying books lately, instead of ordering quilting magazines. Sale last until the 20th, so may go back with other coupons I didn't use. ;)