Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What did you buy today any fabrics, tools, patterns etc? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-did-you-buy-today-any-fabrics-tools-patterns-etc-t37125.html)

quiltingnonie 02-18-2010 06:35 PM

I purchased the March/April issue of McCall's Quilting mag. I saw a Jinny Beyer quilt pattern/kit in it called "Woven Ribbons" and JUST HAD to have it. Now, I never order kits, but did go to JB's website and ordered the bundle of 6" squares - 150 of them in every color imaginable! Unfortunately, they are sold out, but plan to ship in March, so will be looking forward to that arriving. Also put a few fabrics on "watch" on eBay.

joykey 02-18-2010 06:59 PM

I went to the home improvement store (think Lowe's but a local chain) and got some clear plastic tubing. Now what does that have to do with quilting you might be wondering? well I cut little pieces off and then sliced it down the middle then used it to wrap around my thread spools to keep them from coming loose and getting all knotted together with other spools!!!

Mumzbear 02-18-2010 07:15 PM

where did you find a dragon panel? I am searching for one!

Eagle Hawk 02-18-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
About 13 yards of Civil War fabrics! :D

I am dying to see what you make, and hope you post pictures. I love the Civil War fabrics. You are very, very good and very inspiring. Thanks for your tutorial on cathedral windows

Sharoni 02-18-2010 08:09 PM

I went to Hancocks with my cupon. I wanted a mini iron and accessories, but alas! the cupon was only good for up to 49.99 and what I wanted was 59.99. But I bought 4 yards of silk polyester to make 12 ascots for the American Legion color guard for funeral wear, a spool of gold thread, and velcro. Got them done today, am tired and going to bed. Sharoni

Eagle Hawk 02-18-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
To Eddie, I am dying to see what you make. Please post pictures when you are done. I love the Civil War Prints, and I really like to see what you do with it. You are very, very good. You are inspiring with your ideas and expertise. Thanks for the cathedral windows.

Sharoni 02-18-2010 08:11 PM

I went to Hancocks with my cupon. I wanted a mini iron and accessories, but alas! the cupon was only good for up to 49.99 and what I wanted was 59.99. But I bought 4 yards of silk polyester to make 12 ascots for the American Legion color guard for funeral wear, a spool of gold thread, and velcro. Got them done today, am tired and going to bed. Sharoni

dsj 02-18-2010 08:25 PM

I didn't buy anything today but I sure thought about it all day long. I want a couple of books from Connecting Threads, my son was not feeling well today and I soooo wanted to go to the cutest quilt store and even asked him if he felt up to a ride today, he said not really, Darn!!! I said to myself, I tried the whole bit of Well you know a ride might make you feel better, it is sunny outside, it will do you good to get out of the house for awhile, we could ride to Watertown and you could rest in the car and listen to your Ipod while I stop in the quilt store for a minute. He is 13 and it was only in the of 40's today, He would have been safe. He wasn't falling for any of it. So I did what a mom does for her kids I forced his little butt in the car and made him go with me!!! Not really, I stayed home and thought about the quilt store all day long. He had a report for English and was on the computer all day so I didn't even get to shop on line either.

reginalovesfabric 02-19-2010 06:00 AM

renee765 where did you buy the go diego go panel. My 20 month granddaughter Isabella loves Diego.

reginalovesfabric 02-19-2010 06:00 AM

renee765 where did you buy the go diego go panel. My 20 month granddaughter Isabella loves Diego.