Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What did you buy today any fabrics, tools, patterns etc? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-did-you-buy-today-any-fabrics-tools-patterns-etc-t37125.html)

paintedquilt 02-18-2010 03:54 PM

Well today our local fabric store, about 20 miles away, had a 40% off sale so I bought 10 1 yrd pieces of cotton fabric just 'cause, two warm and natural craft size battings, a bobbin box, two of those thingies you attach to your top which has a retractable thread to which you attach scissors. I didn't buy any batting 'cause, other than the two small pieces I mentioned, it was just tooooo expensive. On our way home, we dropped off at a quilt store and found batting cheaper than the sale price at the fabric store = go figure (better quality to and 108" wide not 90". So, I bought 10 yards. (I plan on working overtime when my new sewing machine comes).

QuiltingGrannie 02-18-2010 04:00 PM

Didn't buy a thing today, but started cutting out LOTS of pieces for my next quilt AND realized I need 4 more tan prints (fat quarters) Oh, shucks that means I have to buy more tomorrow! (I checked my stash - I don't have what I need)

Newby0709 02-18-2010 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I bought 35 yards of fabric today. I got enthused about Eddie's tutorial on cathedral windows. I am going to attempt to make my son one for his king size bed. I am going to attempt to make the colors graduate from dark to light. I'll try to attach my inspiration on that idea as well as the fabrics I bought. I don't have the skill to do something of this size but why not try?

pony lady 02-18-2010 04:12 PM

i WENT TO JOANN'S TODAY FOR GRAND OPENING IN MONTGOMERY AL. I SURE DID LIKE THE STORE ESPECIALY THE COUPONS. TODAY I PURCHASE A SHAPE CUT RULER WITH MY 50% OFF COUPON PLUS 2 YDS OF MATERIAL. I SURE DID LIKE THE NEW STORE AND WILL BE GOING BACK.

Emjay 02-18-2010 04:14 PM

My neighbor and I went to a local quilt shop sale. Found gorgeous pieces . I found a great collection for my grandson's graduation quilt. He plays cello, violin & guitar. All these were on the fabric. Spent over $100. Now I hv three in process. Lifted my spirits after a hospital trip.

Olivia's Grammy 02-18-2010 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Didn't buy a thing today, but started cutting out LOTS of pieces for my next quilt AND realized I need 4 more tan prints (fat quarters) Oh, shucks that means I have to buy more tomorrow! (I checked my stash - I don't have what I need)

Boy that's a bummer. You HAVE to go shopping now.

Corky 02-18-2010 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nothing today, but yesterday my girlfriend and I went to a shop about 30 miles south of here for a 40-50% off sale. I got some excellent yardage of really cute fabrics and a bunch of half yard rolls for $3 each. I will put the little bright town piece into a project for my grandson to be born in May. Maybe an I Spy. I love the yellow/peachy batik and the bright pink dots, actually I like them all!!

BTW - the fabric that the rolls are on is a 'sample' type and my friend said she would use it for a background with applique on top. It was only $1 a yard so I bought it. There is about 4 yards I think. Any other ideas on how to use it?

About $4-6 a yard
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12311[/ATTACH]

$3 a yard for the half yard rolls
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12312[/ATTACH]

deb.meyer33 02-18-2010 04:39 PM

My son is a big civil war buff, what does your fabric look like? What colors, and where did you get it from. I'd be interested in making him a quilt of civil war fabric. My son went to Gettysburg College and graduated in 2001.

Eagle Hawk 02-18-2010 06:03 PM

I am dying to see what you make. Please post pictures when you are done. I love the Civil War Prints, and I really like to see what you do with it. You are very, very good. You are inspiring with your ideas and expertise. Thanks for the cathedral windows.

liondenise 02-18-2010 06:17 PM

I haven't been out of the house for the last 3 days except to go to work (nightshift)but tomorrow I am going to the Sewing and Quilt Expo in Tampa Florida - I'll bet I'll be able to find something there that I can't live without lol