Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do I do with my king BOM? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-i-do-my-king-bom-t213436.html)

jcrow 02-10-2013 09:28 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. I do have a wall mount quilt hanger in my storage shed outside that I totally forgot about. And I never knew that a dog trainer could train a dog not to dig on fabric. I am definitely going to look into that. He's a rescue dog and they told me 3 years ago he was 1 year old, but now he has a grey face, so I realize they just said he was one to get someone to take him. I think he is more like 9. If someone could teach him, I'd be surprised! My other dogs I taught very well, but Vinny is stubborn! I open the front door and he sneaks out even though he gets in trouble every time. And I guard the front door so he has a hard time sneaking by me, but once in a while, my husband answers the door and Vinny trots right past him and into the neighbor's yard and won't come back. You have to go to him and he turns into a wet noodle and he lays on his back in surrender and he's too big to carry and you can't get him to stand up and it's a nightmare. The little poop is stubborn!

Tartan 02-10-2013 10:32 AM

Someone posted a link on making a small design wall on the back of a door. It used 2 door wreath hangers over the door with a rod on the 2 hooks. I think that your quilt folded and hung on the rod would look really nice on the door to your bedroom.

patchsamkim 02-10-2013 11:00 AM

A quilt rack would be a good way to display it. Another way would be one of the glass topped tables that have a space for display under the glass.

Too bad about the dog hurting fabric/ a quilt..but good for you for taking in the dog.

ckcowl 02-10-2013 11:21 AM

i put a hanging sleeve on the back of my daughter's king sized quilt- in the winter time it is on the bed- in the summer time she hangs it on her drapery rod over the sliding glass doors (with a liner behind it to protect it from the sun)

ArtsyOne 02-10-2013 11:29 AM

I like the over-the-door or hallway ideas. As for Vinnie, one thing I learned is that if a dog gets into trouble for running away, then they're more prone to do it. Apparently if you give them a reward and make a huge display when they return, then they're less likely to run in the first place. I love the name Vinnie!

HouseDragon 02-10-2013 02:26 PM

I missed this trick: I'm going to use it myself. Mahalo! :)

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5851851)
Someone posted a link on making a small design wall on the back of a door. It used 2 door wreath hangers over the door with a rod on the 2 hooks. I think that your quilt folded and hung on the rod would look really nice on the door to your bedroom.

solstice3 02-11-2013 07:43 AM

quilt rqck gets my vote. Another option would be in front of a slider or french doors duing cold weather if you have that option.

Caswews 02-11-2013 01:30 PM

Quilt Rack

noradi 02-11-2013 02:04 PM

I have a corner rack in my living room that you scrunch up the top end of the quilt & push it up through the opening. You then have about a foot above the holder & the rest hanging down in the corner. You can spread bottom out as much as you like but you don't get the full effect of the quilt. I really like it as I don't have a lot of wall space either.

quilter2theend 02-11-2013 02:40 PM

I agree with DebbE, hang it over a door, purchase a quilt rack and hope the dog doesn't drag it off the rack or purchase a rack that can be mounted to a wall. You could always try putting aluminum foil across your bed for a while till the dog gets the idea that the bed is not a place where he is allowed to rest his weary bones. Just a thought.