Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do I do now?? My DH used my white quilt blocks!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-i-do-now-my-dh-used-my-white-quilt-blocks-t62158.html)

grann of 6 08-30-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
If my DH EVER used fabric from my craft room, it would be to wipe up oil in the garage!! LOL I think your DH owes you a trip to the quilt stores!!! :D

That's what I was going to say. I think you need an alarm on your sewing room door, like one of my boys had. You need to make a big "Keep Out" sign out of fabric and hang it on the door.

#1piecemaker 08-30-2010 10:13 AM

I will post a picture of the top he used them on in the pictures section. Ever since I taught him how to sew, he has now made 16 tops. All out of 2 1/2 inch blocks. You may remember seeing him proudly showing off one of them on an earlier post. I appreciate the offer to look for some in your own stashes but I think I will just go with the idea that scrappycats and some other ladies had about using some other colors. I will post the picture under something like "this is what my DH did with my white blocks" I guess this is an unusual problem and it is kinda funny. I never thought it would EVER happen at my house though.

np3 08-30-2010 10:18 AM

Sorry, had to laugh! At least he enjoys the same things you do.

bjnicholson 08-30-2010 10:25 AM

No chance of gettin them back?

Mousie 08-30-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
If my DH EVER used fabric from my craft room, it would be to wipe up oil in the garage!! LOL I think your DH owes you a trip to the quilt stores!!! :D

I LIKE THIS ANSWER!!!!!!!!! :XD: :XD: :XD:

Mousie 08-30-2010 10:35 AM

wow! is this a new one on me.
It will never happen in my house, trust me, but whoa,...never thought of having to have boundaries and rules regarding, "my fabrics versus your fabrics...go cut your own" :shock:
Since you do have this problem, I think you are taking it far better than I would...
Alternating rows with different designs, colors of the white, sounds like a winner to me.
Threaten to take all his needles (including the one in his machine), and scissors/rotaries away...and no quilting shows or magazines for you, young man, - for a while! :evil: :XD:

JETTA 08-31-2010 05:06 AM

1960's quilt was half way finished so I made it look like it was planned and it turned out just beatiful.I do like the idea of the other quilters about value of colors and being creative.

LiveToQuilt 08-31-2010 05:08 AM

Hand him a seam ripper and ask if he knows how to use it.

nanamoe 08-31-2010 06:00 AM

I was just thinking. .could you tea dye?

#1piecemaker 08-31-2010 06:22 AM

I could tea dye but then I'd have to find something to match that. I think I will follow scrappycats suggestion and use several other colors. Maybe it will look planned out that way. thank you all for the good advice and for laughing with me. My problem is unique for sure.