Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do I do now?? My DH used my white quilt blocks!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I drug out a UFO last night and got 3 rows put together on it when I saw I was running out of white 2 1/2 inch blocks. I went into my sewing room and my blocks were GONE! My DH used them in one of his quilts. All of the other blocks I have are a different shade of white. Any suggestions as to what to do? I was using the white blocks as a sort of sashing to seperate some 25 patch blocks as a way to use up some of my smaller scraps. I hate to tear them out and start over with a different color. Help!!!

Blog Entries
    I would fall over dead if my DH would even walk in my quilt room. I know it puts you in a bind but I wish my husband would share my interest. I think I would try to find a white as close as possible and continue on with my quilt. Best of luck in your search!

I don't know what to do about this one but next time I'd mark my blocks. Put them in a bag or a box and write the name of the quilt that they're intended for on the outside.

Could you maybe use a fabric just a shade darker for the next three rows, then another a little darker for the next three and so on until you get to the end so that it's a shade change effect? It might turn out really cool. Or go a little darker each row until your reach the last three and have them all the same dark shade.

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Is it a white still available? Maybe one of us has some & can help you out. Do you know the line/designer/mfg??

JJs
    Banned
    is he like passive-aggressive?
    Do you normally cut his quilt blocks for him and that's why he assumed that he could take those? If so, you may not have a complaint.... If not, you have another problem...

:roll: 8-)

Blog Entries
    Make 3 rows of another color sashing, then 3 rows of another color sashing and so on. Make it look like it was planned, perhaps go from white to a pastel to a darker color and so on.

I thought you were going to say he used the scraps for cleaning his gun or something! LOL Go steal some of his and see if he does it again! My hubby just ignores my mess!

If my DH EVER used fabric from my craft room, it would be to wipe up oil in the garage!! LOL I think your DH owes you a trip to the quilt stores!!! :D

I'm so glad my husband has no interest in sewing or quilting. If he did, I'm afraid he wouldn't be alive much longer.

Power Poster
    I think this is a first -

Hope you can find something that will work out for you.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a clue as to which piece of fabric it came from or the manufacturer. It was just a remnat I had in my stash. Heck it might have even been part of a white sheet that I used as a backing on one of my older quilts. Who knows? No, I really can't say anything because he marks and cuts all of my blocks for ME. So, I guess, he thought they were fair game. I really should have put them in a bag and marked them as mine. Hind sight is 20-20. I like the idea of changing the sashing color. That might work. Any more suggestions?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    If my DH EVER used fabric from my craft room, it would be to wipe up oil in the garage!! LOL I think your DH owes you a trip to the quilt stores!!! :D
    Ditto here!!! I know there are men quilters but this a first to hear a DH took the pieces to make a quilt.

I had to laugh. I am sorry. But I guess there is an advantage of my husband not quilting and having a different hobby. Can you buy new material and take out the ones you had already sewn in. Or tea dye the whole quilt when it is done? Or maybe just leave it if the rest of the quilt is scrappy. My quilts are pretty much all that way but white is less forgiving then creme. Sorry it is not funny.

Pam
    I figured it was gun cleaning, too. Get him a new rotary cutter for Christmas and invite HIM to cut YOUR blocks. I am very envious of a lady in my guild. Her hubby cuts all of her quilts now that he is retired, he even squares them up for her. He is very mechanically minded and just enjoys they process.

Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
    I don't have a clue as to which piece of fabric it came from or the manufacturer. It was just a remnat I had in my stash. Heck it might have even been part of a white sheet that I used as a backing on one of my older quilts. Who knows? No, I really can't say anything because he marks and cuts all of my blocks for ME. So, I guess, he thought they were fair game. I really should have put them in a bag and marked them as mine. Hind sight is 20-20. I like the idea of changing the sashing color. That might work. Any more suggestions?
    I love the idea of using different colors, making it look planned. A few weeks ago, at a quilting group, a woman told me that she had attended a quilting seminar that said all mistakes could be fixed. Just make it look like you planned it to look differently and refer to it as a "Designer's Touch."

Well, THAT'S not a problem you see every day! I think the gloves come off when that happens...LOL!

Blog Entries
    i feel sooo bad for you, i don't know what to tell you....but show us what he did with it

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Oh, just take a trip to the LQS or JoAnn and see what you can find. It's too soon to give up. Then have a nice chat with DH and explain to him that JUST BECAUSE it is precut and laying around DOES NOT mean that he can snag it. I bet he feels chagrined at the situation. Then you need to develop some rules that work for both of you.

Power Poster
    I have never laughed so hard while reading this. I loved everything that was said and picture my H.

I like the suggestion to see if we have any of the white material you need.
    Also I liked "scrappycats" idea by putting different colors of sashing and and make it look like you wanted to to that.

Scan the white material and see if we have anything near to that.
    Keep us posted how long you are going to keep your H.

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    I thought you were going to say he used the scraps for cleaning his gun or something! LOL Go steal some of his and see if he does it again! My hubby just ignores my mess!
    Hee hee, that's what I thought, too!

Blog Entries
    That's what I was going to say. I think you need an alarm on your sewing room door, like one of my boys had. You need to make a big "Keep Out" sign out of fabric and hang it on the door.

Blog Entries
    I will post a picture of the top he used them on in the pictures section. Ever since I taught him how to sew, he has now made 16 tops. All out of 2 1/2 inch blocks. You may remember seeing him proudly showing off one of them on an earlier post. I appreciate the offer to look for some in your own stashes but I think I will just go with the idea that scrappycats and some other ladies had about using some other colors. I will post the picture under something like "this is what my DH did with my white blocks" I guess this is an unusual problem and it is kinda funny. I never thought it would EVER happen at my house though.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, had to laugh! At least he enjoys the same things you do.

Blog Entries
    No chance of gettin them back?

I LIKE THIS ANSWER!!!!!!!!! :XD: :XD: :XD:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast