Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do I do now?? My DH used my white quilt blocks!!!!!

wow! is this a new one on me.
    It will never happen in my house, trust me, but whoa,...never thought of having to have boundaries and rules regarding, "my fabrics versus your fabrics...go cut your own" :shock:
    Since you do have this problem, I think you are taking it far better than I would...
    Alternating rows with different designs, colors of the white, sounds like a winner to me.
    Threaten to take all his needles (including the one in his machine), and scissors/rotaries away...and no quilting shows or magazines for you, young man, - for a while! :evil: :XD:

1960's quilt was half way finished so I made it look like it was planned and it turned out just beatiful.I do like the idea of the other quilters about value of colors and being creative.

Hand him a seam ripper and ask if he knows how to use it.

I was just thinking. .could you tea dye?

Blog Entries
    I could tea dye but then I'd have to find something to match that. I think I will follow scrappycats suggestion and use several other colors. Maybe it will look planned out that way. thank you all for the good advice and for laughing with me. My problem is unique for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    No chance of gettin them back?
    I'd tell him to get that seam ripper going and give them back, LOL. Or start stealing pieces from his projects and see how well he likes it!

Do you have a gun available? rofl

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    My hubby has such ADD that I thank God he has no interest in quilting. I'd never find anything !! lol

send us pictures and perhaps someone will have a great idea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain
    There's not a thingey to post pictures to this thread. I'll have to take a picture and put it in the picture section.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    Do you have a gun available? rofl
    Yep. But it's as old as he and I ONLY HAVE ONE BULLET.

When I am working on a project, I use Pizza boxes to store my fabric. I just go to a Pizza resturant and ask to buy a couple of new Pizza boxes. They usually sell them to me for twenty-five cents, or may just give them to me if I am a customer. Because I have lots of UFO's, I buy lots of boxes. I put a label on the front edge and store them on a shelf in a closet. Works for me. Oh, I never worry about my DH taking my fabric. He's supportive of my quilting, but can't understand all the cutting and putting back together. Men! Eileen Lawrencevllie, GA.

Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain
    There's not a thingey to post pictures to this thread. I'll have to take a picture and put it in the picture section.
    You can post pictures on the thread by clicking reply Then you get the option.

D-I-V-O-R-C-E or have a long talk with him, to ask before using your supplies.

Blog Entries
    Did your wedding vows include 'take this as a token of all I possess'? That's what I quote to my DH when I take something he was saving. He has never quoted it back to me, (but he does hover when I approach his toolbox) glad you have come up with a plan. What's he doing with his top?

I drug out a UFO last night and got 3 rows put together on it when I saw I was running out of white 2 1/2 inch blocks. I went into my sewing room and my blocks were GONE! My DH used them in one of his quilts. All of the other blocks I have are a different shade of white. Any suggestions as to what to do? I was using the white blocks as a sort of sashing to seperate some 25 patch blocks as a way to use up some of my smaller scraps. I hate to tear them out and start over with a different color. Help!!!
    If he is quilting too, it is time for separate quilt rooms!

I think I must have cheated. I saw what he did with those blocks and it was amazing. Beautiful. You will forgive him, and figure out how to make yours work. Hang in there

Blog Entries
    perhaps you could go cut your blocks back out of his quilt? I mean they are yours, right? Then he'd never take any of your blocks again...... okay.. perhaps NOT!

humm... that was my best idea.... and it was a poor one at that. oh well.. let us know what you decide to do.

Hand him a seam ripper and tell him you need them.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a clue as to which piece of fabric it came from or the manufacturer. It was just a remnat I had in my stash. Heck it might have even been part of a white sheet that I used as a backing on one of my older quilts. Who knows? No, I really can't say anything because he marks and cuts all of my blocks for ME. So, I guess, he thought they were fair game. I really should have put them in a bag and marked them as mine. Hind sight is 20-20. I like the idea of changing the sashing color. That might work. Any more suggestions?
    Changing the sashing color would have been my suggestion as well. Either different shades of white, or go to pastel colors if that would work with the rest of the blocks. I also think that in the future, you both might put blocks that are precut for a particular quilt into a special storage unit, bag, box, etc. and mark with the name of the quilt on it. Now DH may not have enough of the white he borrowed from you to finish his quilt either. This should make for two very interesting quilts, please be sure to post pic. of both, now and finished. . How fortunate you are that DH helps you cut your blocks. Maybe this group of blocks or rows could be scattered throughout the quilt or even as the middle section of the quilt. Future,--- might be that you label the name of the fab. and mfg. or designer, should this ever happen again.

Power Poster
    I would make him take the white blocks out of his quilt and return them to you. Joking :lol:

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I'm so glad my husband has no interest in sewing or quilting. If he did, I'm afraid he wouldn't be alive much longer.
    Oh, My Goodness, Candace, you gave me my laugh of the day! Thank you! I read it to my husband and he got a chuckle out of it too. (Smiles!)

I drug out a UFO last night and got 3 rows put together on it when I saw I was running out of white 2 1/2 inch blocks. I went into my sewing room and my blocks were GONE! My DH used them in one of his quilts. All of the other blocks I have are a different shade of white. Any suggestions as to what to do? I was using the white blocks as a sort of sashing to seperate some 25 patch blocks as a way to use up some of my smaller scraps. I hate to tear them out and start over with a different color. Help!!!
    i thought for sure u were going to say he used them to clean up a mess or something like that lol! :hunf:

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    I thought you were going to say he used the scraps for cleaning his gun or something! LOL Go steal some of his and see if he does it again! My hubby just ignores my mess!

IMHO -- Why start up a mess?! It's done. Look for a close match to the white or follow one of the above ideas. I know it's disappointing, but is it worth the hassle? Good luck!

i think you will be investing in pizza boxes and labels you could go to different pizza joints and he uses one restaurant and u use another i pick pizza hut lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast