Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What to do with this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-t222671.html)

tessagin 06-01-2013 07:33 AM

pdcakm's suggestion is a good one. Don't know if you've seen any of the tutorial yet but if not you should check them out. You can go to Youtube and search quilting, or you can go to www.missouristarquiltco.com. they have a lot of tutorials. Then bookmark or add to your favorites. One link can lead to another. Then for some really good deals hit the thrift shops in your town or towns nearest you and also the yard and estate sales. Then have fun and play. Some of the patterns and tutorials you can download and have fun. Got some clothes of your own? Use them. I save some of my husbands shirts and jeans. Have fun! You'll be surprised also how nearly any photo or drawing will give you inspiration.

amelia0607 06-01-2013 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6097706)
pdcakm's suggestion is a good one. Don't know if you've seen any of the tutorial yet but if not you should check them out. You can go to Youtube and search quilting, or you can go to www.missouristarquiltco.com. they have a lot of tutorials. Then bookmark or add to your favorites. One link can lead to another. Then for some really good deals hit the thrift shops in your town or towns nearest you and also the yard and estate sales. Then have fun and play. Some of the patterns and tutorials you can download and have fun. Got some clothes of your own? Use them. I save some of my husbands shirts and jeans. Have fun! You'll be surprised also how nearly any photo or drawing will give you inspiration.

Went to an estate sale today of a known quilter. The woman running the sale threw away all of her fabric!!! She said they just didn't have space for it and didn't want to fool with it. But they had an entire room of wrapping paper and flaked Christmas tree balls. The woman running this sale is new to this business. She said I was the 5th person asking about the fabric and that she had learned her lesson. I guess that'll have to do!!

miriam 06-02-2013 02:40 AM

All I see is curtains or a little girl's sundress...

linhawk 06-02-2013 07:18 AM

just quilt it

IBQUILTIN 06-02-2013 08:15 AM

Whatever you decide will work out great. If you have your 1/2" seams perfected, try something with patches now. You will increase you skills. Might be a little nervous at first, but you certainly can do it. Have fun

saraquilts 06-02-2013 09:00 AM

An awesome fabric. Do you know who manufactured it or where you got it. I think must be talented and artistic or you wouldn't have fallen in love with this fabric. Just allow yourself to let your talent flow.

2blackcats 06-02-2013 11:33 AM

How about burping pads?

amelia0607 06-02-2013 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by saraquilts (Post 6099469)
An awesome fabric. Do you know who manufactured it or where you got it. I think must be talented and artistic or you wouldn't have fallen in love with this fabric. Just allow yourself to let your talent flow.

Fabric is Spring Fling by David Walker. I've decided a bright purple border and MAYBE hot pink corner blocks. Now waiting on husband to go fishing and off to find fabric.

amelia0607 06-02-2013 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by 2blackcats (Post 6099711)
How about burping pads?

I hadn't thought about making those but daughter will need them -- hmmmm!

Rose Bagwell 06-02-2013 04:19 PM

How about using some as a center panel and then bordering it with colors that are in the material. If you use it for a border, it will cut into the design.