Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do u do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-u-do-t257537.html)

caspharm 12-01-2014 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 6989434)
You bought it used from him 7 months ago and it's been in the shop for 5 weeks? So it worked for 6 months then required more than a month of repair (although some of that time was probably waiting for parts)? I for sure would check it out before you took it home and ask if there is a warranty period. Also have him watch as you thread it and ask how to clean it & oil, if oiling is required. Bring your own fabric and thread and some cookies (biscuits?).

I agree with Paper Princess. Did they offer you any classes when you bought it?

stella63 12-01-2014 09:45 PM

They said when i bought it I could have some tuition but I phoned twice and both times they said they will phone me with a time and they didn't! It was to be in their other shop they have which is further away but easier to get to. I can pay for tuition at the main Bernia dealer but is in the middle of London and such a pain to get to! I am managing to work out any issues and use the 830 just need to spend more time on her x anyway I am picking the diva up in about 6 hours so fingers crossed.

granny64 12-02-2014 05:09 AM

Any reliable repair shop will allow you to try it out or show you themselves.

stella63 12-02-2014 01:49 PM

update on what would u do?

My 830 (the diva) is home and working yippee. It was all boxed up in the shop ready to take home but I was brave and asked for it to be taken out the box so I could see it working. He wasn't too happy but agreed! !! My heart was pounding lol but glad I did. Thank u all for your advice and support.

GrannieAnnie 12-02-2014 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by stella63 (Post 6989377)
What would u do? My bernina 830 had been in for repair for the last 5 weeks and I am picking it up tue. If it is in its box should I ask if I can try it out to make sure it is all in order as it's such a complicated machine and I'm worried that by taking it apart to put in a new board for the nobs something else might play up or do I trust the fact that he said he tested everything and it's fine now? I don't want to insult him as he's been good but it's the first time I've had dealings with him since I bought it used from his so 7 months ago It's not my local shopwhom I know x

It's yours and you are paying for the repairs. Of course, insist on trying it out. I'm going to guess they'll ask you to try it out to begin wiht

FroggyinTexas 12-02-2014 03:35 PM

You bet your bitty I would try it out. If he's honest, he'll be glad to show you what he did and how to maximize use of the machine. If he's not, you need to know it now. froggyintexas

nstitches4u 12-02-2014 05:33 PM

Definitely test sew before you take it home.

AngeliaNR 12-02-2014 06:34 PM

I'm glad the diva is working again--enjoy!

rebeljane 12-06-2014 12:33 AM

Your paying, so you should make sure it works, before you take it home.

Twilliebee 12-06-2014 03:23 AM

I would ask to test it out and bring along some fabric, and I would phone to let them know beforehand that you'll want to do that. They can have everything set up for you when you arrive so it won't be a last minute hassle for either of you. Hope it's absolutely perfect!