Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do u do that would bring the quilt police? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-u-do-would-bring-quilt-police-t195281.html)

lots2do 06-21-2016 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Hulalulu (Post 7581782)
I always leave a little mistake here and there -- only a couple because I'm well...too darn determined to get it right, but realize we strive for perfection in our work, and it should be accepted that nothing ever will be...

There's always one heart in my free motion -- it may take a while to find it! and it is on purpose!

I love your heart idea!

jbj137 06-21-2016 07:47 AM

*** Everything, cause I do it my way.
*** They will probably take up permanent residence soon.

MomtoBostonTerriers 06-21-2016 08:25 AM

I hereby confess to the following quilting felonies:

* I use steam.

* I sew over pins. At top speed.

* I hold pins in my teeth.

* I put loose threads in my mouth, make a thread ball, and then spit the wad into the garbage can.

AnnieF 06-21-2016 08:27 AM

I have been known to look at a mistake on a quilt and ask myself the following question "can I live with this?".....and guess what 9 times out of 10 I can live with it. If I can't, I'll take the seam ripper to the quilt.

bearisgray 06-21-2016 08:57 AM

I won't use synthropol, color catchers, or retayne

rryder 06-21-2016 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bree123 (Post 7582369)
Is it wrong that I'm getting "naughty" quilting tips from this thread? :D

If it's not a customer quilt, I've been known to adjust the math for the rest of the quilt rather than buy more fabric to re-make strip sets that were cut too small. Or, if it was close, I'd just make the seam slightly less than 1/4". I've also appliqued over holes & thread painted over weak seams.

OMG - do you think they are monitoring this thread? Are they onto me now? Help! Where can I hide?

LOL Bree, I've done all of the above as well. I'm still expecting the quilt police to come get me for the scorch mark that I covered up with white fabric paint :p

Rob<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

lynnie 06-21-2016 03:18 PM

I put pins in my mouth, and stitch over them. My room is a mess and what's really bad, is there's no door on the room. I never change my rotary blade enough, nor my sewing needle. I use old, not pointy needles at times.I've been know to applique small motifs or heardt over bo-bos. and everything everyone else has said.

RedGarnet222 06-21-2016 04:45 PM

What? I am supposed to try and make it perfect? OMG!!!

Genden 06-21-2016 05:37 PM

The image of you putting pins in your mouth and stitching over them has me alternately laughing hysterically and gasping thinking of the pain. lOL

bearisgray 06-21-2016 06:27 PM

Lynnnie - please - no pins in the mouth!