Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What to do when lack Sewing Mood? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-when-lack-sewing-mood-t47315.html)

Thea 05-29-2010 11:34 AM

Thank you Nursie for your thoughts and prayers. I pulled fabric out of my statch but not sure it's him. Maybe I'll shop the sales this weekend. Thank you for your encouragement.
Thea

sewbeit 05-29-2010 12:29 PM

when i get that way..i usually do one of two things and sometimes both....i either buy a few quilting magazines..maybe 3-5 and that gets me going ,,or i visit my lqs and that usually does it for me...otherwise if that doesnt work ..sometimes you just need a break..make a blouse or a purse ..or knit or whatever nd eventually you;ll get back to it...good luck

nursie76 05-29-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Thea
Thank you Nursie for your thoughts and prayers. I pulled fabric out of my statch but not sure it's him. Maybe I'll shop the sales this weekend. Thank you for your encouragement.
Thea

You are welcome. I think that shopping the sales for just the right fabric might be exactly what you need. Have fun and God Bless!

lnikkers52 05-29-2010 12:48 PM

I am in the process of moving . Some day I HOPE. There's been one thing after another and moving has been taking Forever. Well my machine got packed away and so i have just been organizing pressing ans sorting all the scraps that didn't get packed yet. it has been quet and very theraputic for me and if I ever get moved I have a ton of things to sew up and be in the groove again.

nursie76 05-29-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by lnikkers52
I am in the process of moving . Some day I HOPE. There's been one thing after another and moving has been taking Forever. Well my machine got packed away and so i have just been organizing pressing ans sorting all the scraps that didn't get packed yet. it has been quet and very theraputic for me and if I ever get moved I have a ton of things to sew up and be in the groove again.

Moving is so discombobulating! But the up side is that you will be so organized when you start up again.

shaverg 05-29-2010 01:41 PM

Thea, I'm so sorry. Your son is going to love the quilt not matter what you decide on. I know it will be a comfort to him in more ways than one.

Thea 05-29-2010 01:51 PM

Thank you for your thoughts.

marla 05-29-2010 02:02 PM

Boy do I know what you mean. I started piecing together a quilt and then was dx with breast cancer. My life began to spin out of control and I rushed to get yard work and other things done, leaving my quiltingsitting on the dining room table until almost time for surgery. So I moved it to the sewing room. Now I am 2 1/2 wks post surgery. Just now getting adjusted mentally and physically. Just not ready to sit at the machine and fear that if I don'tdo this soon, it will be put off for a long time. Guess that is just part of the trauma and recovery.

Thea 05-29-2010 02:06 PM

Then you understand what I'm feeling. Glad surgery is over for you and you are feeling better. Best of luck and good wishes coming your way.

vickig626 05-29-2010 03:40 PM

Funny you wrote this because I've been feeling the same way lately. But my issues are not being able to afford to have the tops quilted and it's very physically hard for me to do the quilting on my machine.

BUT, when I would get bored with quilting, I'd sew something else like totes or purses or home dec...maybe a wallhanging. That would at least keep me quilting on a smaller scale and able to still enjoy the craft. It could be seasonal too, especially with summer coming on.

Enjoy that new machine - that should get you back in the mood.

VickiG