Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you listen to while quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-listen-while-quilting-t59382.html)

Bev 08-15-2010 04:25 PM

If I'm cutting or piecing, I listen to a smooth jazz radio station turned low. I like to have music in the background. Nothing I have to think about or I'll be unable to concentrate on what I'm doing. If I'm hand quilting I usually sit with my DH while he watches tv and I mostly listen to it.

josi49 08-15-2010 04:33 PM

Found it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Josi

kathome 08-15-2010 04:37 PM

Country all the way.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-15-2010 04:56 PM

What a great thread! Some comments were laugh out loud funny, while others are things I forgot about and need to listen to.
But of course the best was "the voices in my head" hahahahaha
And I can't believe Dr. Laura is still on!! Our network dumped her the day after 9/11 happened and she hasn't been back since :D
You all gave me some great ideas THANKS!! :D
Yeah, Librivox is great and FREE!!!!!!!!
I have a subscription to Audible but not sure if it's worth the fee every month. We'll see........ I did get some of my all time fav audiobooks so that's good.
The Yankees supercede everything for me though when they play day games. I get them on my laptop and bring it up to my sewing room :thumbup:

bjnicholson 08-15-2010 04:58 PM

Hey CorgiNole! I thought I was the only one who knew about Jeeves!!! I love PG Wodehouse! I introduced my niece to him when she was only 8 or 9 and now she loves them too.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-15-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Hey CorgiNole! I thought I was the only one who knew about Jeeves!!! I love PG Wodehouse! I introduced my niece to him when she was only 8 or 9 and now she loves them too.

A treasure!!! :thumbup:

MI Applique Queen 08-15-2010 05:04 PM

I love that movie and when I'm down it is the one I watch. It is such a feel good movie.

bjnicholson 08-15-2010 05:05 PM

I listen to books on tape too. Mostly mysteries, but sometimes I put in a cd, Il Devo or classical music.

MI Applique Queen 08-15-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
I listen to murder mysteries audiobooks through Audible. I listen to ones that are humorous. Kind of like Evanovich. "Sex, Murder and a double Latte", "I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason" and "Solomon and Lord" Those are some of the ones that I did...most of them I have "read" most of the series.

They are mindless but pass the time.

I listen to audio books that I download onto my MP3 player from the library. I have about 30 of them on there. When I'm not listening to a book I'm reading one either a book or an ebook on my Nook. I just love a good story.

MI Applique Queen 08-15-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter Day-by-Day
My husband bought me a tv for my sewing room last christmas because I like it on not so much to watch but just for the noise. Then when I need a break from sewing I watch a little.

I have a TV in my sewing room too but seldom watch it. I would rather listen to a story if I have anything on. That would be an audio book. Love lite mysteries and non fiction.