Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you love about your quilt guild/group? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-love-about-your-quilt-guild-group-t92719.html)

Yarn or Fabric 01-22-2011 07:25 AM

I'm founding a branch of the Modern Quilt Guild in my town and our first meeting is coming up...

I'm curious... what do you really like about your quilt guild or group? I would love to see what you guys think...

I'm also curious about quilt guild games that you play. I want this guild to be a fun thing to do so I would love some input :)

beckyw 01-22-2011 07:30 AM

Quilting groups can be fun. But it's what you put into it also. You need to be part of it not just a member. It's alot of work. So if you want to be part of the qroup you need to do something for it. It's not for someone that doesn't have a lot of time..

great aunt jacqui 01-22-2011 08:02 AM

we only have 5 left in our group. not a guild. We all left a guild because it seems majority of them were very catty and always talked about other peoples business. now we have a great group, talking about the old days, funny times sadtimes about ourselves. We also share a lot of things especially if someone is making a scrappy quilt and needs a particular color, we all dig in and make it happen.

tomilu 01-22-2011 08:05 AM

I like the small groups "bees". Our guild is very large, so the best way to get acquainted is to join a "bee". I belong to 2 bees, one is small with 6 members and the other is a Quilts of Valor bee that has quite a few.

sewwhat85 01-22-2011 08:23 AM

i have belonged to to guilds and love them both we have done exchanges blocks,fat quarters, charm squares,secret santa,round robin and some of the other things we do are bom,mystery quilt of the month, quilts for charity kids,fire victims, police/sheriffs office,sew days (nights),demos, door prizes, games, show and tell

oma66 01-22-2011 08:24 AM

What I love about our group of about 15 is the love of the same art - a passion - the sharing of ideas and fabrics. At the moment we are all working on a civil war quilt design, each making her own quilt, in her own color palette and in her own desired size. It is going to be exciting to see them all side by side - same pattern - but very different.

I had attended another group in another state, but it lasted just one session - the reason is that it was a gossip gathering and not a quilting gathering. I was appauled and never went back. Our group talks about quilting, we share ideas and help one another, we sometimes talk about our families, but always in a positive way, and we enjoy each other and our passion for quilting. We always leave having gained new knowledge, and feeling great about our art form. Isn't that the whole point of a guilt group?

crazyforquilting 01-22-2011 08:24 AM

I love the members of my guild. They are just wonderful. At one of our retreats we played fatquarter bunco. A first at bunco for a lot of the ladies. Had a wonderful time.

Iluv2quilt 01-22-2011 09:46 AM

I love the people! We have a group of very caring women, fun to be with and very knowledgeable. I enjoy going and sharing.

scowlkat 01-22-2011 10:59 AM

I love my Stitchin' Sisters! They are a diverse group and always have something interesting going on. It is a small group and each and every one has become a dear friend.

We all share different projects and have a variety of skills and passions.

Jennifer22206 01-22-2011 11:01 AM

I belonged to one guild for one year. I hated it. I was the youngest (23 at the time) and was told that I shouldn't be a member because I wasn't old enough to quilt or have the respect needed to properly care for a quilt.

So this board is my guild. I love it here.