Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you think of this design? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-think-design-t45776.html)

carol45 05-18-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by crafter1953
I know of a place online that has all the colors you need in solid blues. thousandsofbolts.com, I just came from there. I remembered your post, so check it out can't hurt. I saw more blues than you would need. :) :thumbup:

I just looked, and they have a bunch of tone on tone blues too. I'm a bit overwhelmed, but now I believe I'll be able to find what I need either in solids, tone on tone combinations or possibly batiks. It's going to take a while because I am going to wait until I get eq7 and then I will try it all virtually before I make a decision. Maybe, when I've got the differerent versions created I'll post them here and get everyone's feedback. This group is so helpful and it's so much fun hearing from all of you!

wesing 05-18-2010 06:21 AM

Carol -

The Kaufman fabrics that Amber suggested look like they will fit your vision for this beautiful quilt. I also like the fan corners that you incorporated based on Sewcrafty's suggestion. You've done a great job laying this design out; I hope you enjoy the process and the finished product. I'm looking forward to pictures of your progress.

On another note, your design could easily be adapted to a 2-, 3-, or rainbow-colored project. I have too much on my plate to attempt it right now, but I would be curious to see another interpretation of your pattern. Do you plan to post or sell your design?

Darren

MaggieLou 05-18-2010 06:24 AM

Yes, I, too, would like to get a copy of the design when you finish. It's beautiful.

carol45 05-18-2010 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by wesing
Carol -

The Kaufman fabrics that Amber suggested look like they will fit your vision for this beautiful quilt. I also like the fan corners that you incorporated based on Sewcrafty's suggestion. You've done a great job laying this design out; I hope you enjoy the process and the finished product. I'm looking forward to pictures of your progress.

On another note, your design could easily be adapted to a 2-, 3-, or rainbow-colored project. I have too much on my plate to attempt it right now, but I would be curious to see another interpretation of your pattern. Do you plan to post or sell your design?

Darren

If it all works out as I hope, of course I'll be happy to share it. As I work I'll create a pattern for it for anyone who's interested. Thanks so much for your kind words.

irma tapia 05-18-2010 06:52 AM

I think it's hard on the eyes

marytp 05-27-2010 06:27 AM

I like it as is!

carol45 06-17-2010 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, so I got EQ7 and I'm learning how to use it. I tried my design in solids and in blue on blue prints. The colors aren't exactly right yet--I think I can figure out how to get the colors I want but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet. So which do you like? The solids or the prints?

irma tapia 06-17-2010 07:43 PM

I love the prints, it gives it character!!!!!

irma tapia 06-17-2010 07:44 PM

Forgot to ask.....what pattern is this? Will you share it?

sewcrafty 06-17-2010 10:02 PM

I love the prints!! It continues the movement in the quilt and keeps your eyes looking. Great job!!! :thumbup: