Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you think of this design? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-think-design-t45776.html)

carol45 06-18-2010 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by irma tapia
Forgot to ask.....what pattern is this? Will you share it?

It's my own design. I plan to write out the pattern as I create and finish it and I will share it when it's done. Thanks!

MaggieLou 06-18-2010 06:24 AM

Prints definitely. It makes is much more interesting. Will you share the pattern?

carol45 06-18-2010 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
Prints definitely. It makes is much more interesting. Will you share the pattern?

I will definitely share the pattern with all who have asked for it--but it's a long way off until it'll be ready. :)

carol45 08-21-2010 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, so I've been staring at this a lot and trying to decide which way I will like it best. DH likes the marble colors but I like the way the solids look on the border, so he suggested marbles in the center and solids in the border. The picture doesn't have the colors quite right, but you can get the idea. What do you think?
I have found the fabrics at Hancocks of Paducah and I will order them as soon as I make a decision. At this point I'll probably order enough to make it all in solids, and enough Moda marble to use for the top if I end up liking that better.

Nancy O. 08-21-2010 02:21 PM

Looks just gorgeous to me. I love the colors too.

irma tapia 08-21-2010 03:16 PM

I love the marble. I think the border the way it is done takes away from the marble. I think it's the white that I'm not crazy about

quiltluvr 08-21-2010 03:34 PM

I like it the way it was originally designed, all solids. I love that your hubby is involved with the design process too.

carol45 08-21-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by irma tapia
I love the marble. I think the border the way it is done takes away from the marble. I think it's the white that I'm not crazy about

I agree with you about the white. I just haven't figured out yet what to use for the thin border--I think I'll wait until the rest of the top is finished to decide.

carol45 08-21-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
I like it the way it was originally designed, all solids. I love that your hubby is involved with the design process too.

Yes, I'm not at all sure about the marbles; I'm going to have to try a block of solids and a block of marbles before I make a final decision.

carol45 10-21-2010 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I finally made the decision to go with solids because I wasn't able to find marbles or any other fabric in 12 progressive shades like I need. It was pretty hard to find the 12 solids, and they're not perfectly matched, but I think they will work. Here they are. I got 10 of them from Hancock's of Paducah (I bought many blues from them and returned many, as well--they were great to deal with)and found 1 in my small stash, and 1 in Walmart.