Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you use to keep your foot pedal from moving around? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-use-keep-your-foot-pedal-moving-around-t244219.html)

nygal 03-31-2014 02:52 AM

I also bought a pedal pad and it still slides off. I even have a rubber mat under that and it still slides. I have no found the solution to this problem either yet.
I will try a few rubber bands and see if that helps at all.

bigredharley 03-31-2014 03:05 AM

Dang I miss knee controllers for "power" instead of presser foot lifting.

eparys 03-31-2014 03:15 AM

I have laminate floors and the pedal kept moving so I went to a discount store and purchased a small rubber backed rug. Seems to do the trick for me.

luana 03-31-2014 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 6652764)
I use a piece of the shelf liner , that rubber kind on my wood floor and it help.

I use a piece of that rubber stuff you put under rugs to keep them in place, I think this shelf liner would be just like it.

romanojg 03-31-2014 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 6652764)
I use a piece of the shelf liner , that rubber kind on my wood floor and it help.

These things are great for all kinds of things. I put them under my machine as well. It protects the surface of the table and no sliding, rather its carpet or wood. And, they are sold at the dollar store so everyone can afford them. You can cut them up and use them under smaller things too like coffee cups.

dakotamaid 03-31-2014 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by luana (Post 6652974)
I use a piece of that rubber stuff you put under rugs to keep them in place, I think this shelf liner would be just like it.

I also use this, but there are different kinds. I use the kind with the bigger "knobs". Seems "stickier" than some of the dollar store kinds. Not sure where I got it, I've had it forever.

toverly 03-31-2014 04:10 AM

I use the vinyl bumpy/puffy shelf liner also under the foot pedal and under the machine. It works. I have also seen placemats made out of this stuff, that would work too.

quiltin-nannie 03-31-2014 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6652889)
I don't think I have a solution for you, but this may help someone else.

I had a similar problem - except that my pedal kept getting stuck under my Horn cabinet as I pressed it, so when I got to the end of a seam, it wouldn't stop!

I tried all sorts of things - wedging books and blocks of wood in the gap etc. - until I eventually hit on the idea of a metal L-shaped book end (a plastic one may work, but more likely to break). I simply placed the pedal on the larger side of the book end and it rests against the frame of my cabinet, but is too tall to slide under - hooray!

Mine did the same thing with my Horn cabinet. I'll have to try this!!

DJRustic 03-31-2014 04:32 AM

I wrap the extra cord to the foot petal around the leg of the table as much as I can to be able to use the petal. Then I put on of those shelf liners folded under it. It never walks, can't go any where cause it is tied up. LOL Have done this for yrs .

athomenow 03-31-2014 04:38 AM

Rubber shelf liner for me. I still have to straighten it out once in a while but not several times a day. More like once a week.