Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you wear? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-wear-t71938.html)

Sheree from Chicago 10-26-2010 08:29 AM

I like to sew naked. LOL

granma1 10-26-2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I wear comfy cloths, no jeans in the house I can't stand them around my legs or stomach and this is a must............no bra. My boobs are big and the straps hurt my shoulders. Funny thing is I wear the same type of cloths during the day that I also sleep in but when I get up in the morning I change. It doesn't make sense to me I could just stay in sweats all day that I slept in. For that matter I could wear them for a week and not shower just put more deoderant on.........ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

That is too funny. I thought I was the only one who felt like that.

seamstome 10-26-2010 08:34 AM

My sewing room is ungodly hot. Something about being in the peak on the southern exposure. It will be 95-100 degrees in there.

Anyway, in the summer, if nobody is around I quilt in a sleeveless teeshirt and panties. The rest of the year, I usually wear a teeshirt and shorts or thin PJ like sweats. No shoes ever. And nothing ever that feels tight.

patdesign 10-26-2010 08:38 AM

whatever when the mood strikes me, but mostly crop pants and T shirts or jeans and tops.

EagarBeez 10-26-2010 08:42 AM

Wear my robe and pj's mostly, sometimes loose fitting pants and shirt. I too, am not a bra person. Only DH and myself, kids are in another state

np3 10-26-2010 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
Tell them to buzz off. It is YOUR house and YOU can do what YOU want.

I like this answer! I wear what I want, and it isn't always pretty. And I tie my hair back too. Very unflattering!

NanSew 10-26-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa

Originally Posted by Pam B
Jeans, sweats, anything comfortable. I do try to remember to change, if I need to run out to the store, or someplace. More than once, I've realized that I am covered with threads and lint! In the summer, I sew barefoot and in the winter I wear those little slipper socks. Cannot stand to wear shoes when I am sewing.

I thought I was the only one that can't sew with shoes on. I walk around with one shoe on and one shoe off.

LOL...that's me, even at the quilt shop for classes. I run around with one she on and one shoe off!

laughingquilter 10-26-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by np3

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
Tell them to buzz off. It is YOUR house and YOU can do what YOU want.

I like this answer! I wear what I want, and it isn't always pretty. And I tie my hair back too. Very unflattering!

I agree with this response as well......there just isn't a specific uniform required for creating!

NanSew 10-26-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by rustqlts
Usually muumuus and birkenstocks; maybe put on mismatched socks in cold weather :)

rusty

My 17 year old granddaughter never wear matching socks because that way she doesn't have to mate and fold them. I say, what ever works for you go with it!

salsalady 10-26-2010 09:03 AM

i wear comfy sweats usually. but the only time i have company is when im in my flannel pj's all day lol :oops: