Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you wear? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-wear-t71938.html)

Mary M 10-24-2010 08:33 PM

I wear silk pajamas, my diamonds, full make-up, hair in an updo.....yea sure, in my dreams! I think I would fit right in with what you gals wear. T-shirts, and knit jammie bottoms is what I get caught in most of the time. I like to do the housework in my night clothes too. :)

wanderingcreek 10-24-2010 09:46 PM

I think it is important to be comfortable when Quilting. If that means pj's or no bra then so be it. I always wuilt in barefeet with pj pants and a loose tshirt.

Kitsapquilter 10-25-2010 01:50 AM

I stay in my fleecy robe in the winter. Summer I have a lighter weight one! I get dressed sometimes but usually in a pair of sweats and sweat shirt or tee shirt! Only if I am going somewhere do I put on good clothes!

zennia 10-25-2010 04:01 AM

I usually have my jeans on but I always wear an apron for all those tiny bits of string and fabrics.

craftyone27 10-25-2010 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B
Jeans, sweats, anything comfortable. I do try to remember to change, if I need to run out to the store, or someplace. More than once, I've realized that I am covered with threads and lint! In the summer, I sew barefoot and in the winter I wear those little slipper socks. Cannot stand to wear shoes when I am sewing.

Glad to hear I am not the only one who like to sew w/out shoes! I just dont like the feel of my foot pedal w/shoes on! I feel like I have much better control w/out shoes.

lauriejo 10-25-2010 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by craftyone27

Originally Posted by Pam B
Jeans, sweats, anything comfortable. I do try to remember to change, if I need to run out to the store, or someplace. More than once, I've realized that I am covered with threads and lint! In the summer, I sew barefoot and in the winter I wear those little slipper socks. Cannot stand to wear shoes when I am sewing.

Glad to hear I am not the only one who like to sew w/out shoes! I just dont like the feel of my foot pedal w/shoes on! I feel like I have much better control w/out shoes.

Me too, me too! Plus it makes it easier to find the pins you have dropped.

Terryl 10-25-2010 04:20 AM

I have 2 favorite house dresses and 1 moo-moo LOL DH gives me a really hard time about the moo-moo because it's probably a 3X and I'm not that size :) :) My friend lost 50 pounds and she gave it to me and I love the fact that it doesn't touch me anywhere so I continue to wear it.

mzsooz 10-25-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
I have 2 favorite house dresses and 1 moo-moo LOL DH gives me a really hard time about the moo-moo because it's probably a 3X and I'm not that size :) :) My friend lost 50 pounds and she gave it to me and I love the fact that it doesn't touch me anywhere so I continue to wear it.

I wear moomoos too!! I love them. Mine are so loved that in some places the only part that are still together is where it was serged. Fabric totally eaten away! LOL

Prettiptibbs 10-25-2010 11:05 AM

Sweats and t-shirt all year round. My sewing room is in the basemant so inthe winter I add a hoodie. High fashion!!

plainpat 10-25-2010 11:20 AM

Old stretchy slacks with ratty T in winter, bermudas in summer with a ratty T.
I only clean up with clothes when I'm going out. At home...comfy rules!