Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what do you wear? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-wear-t71938.html)

trupeach1 10-24-2010 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Swan Song
My family knows they better bury me in comfy clothes or I will haunt them for the rest of their lives!

ROFLAO......................I thought I was the only crazy one I have told my kids NO CLOTHES............. that's as comfy as a person could get.

mommamac 10-24-2010 03:42 PM

the more time you spend dressing, the less time you have to quilt! :D

klgreene 10-24-2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
Tell them to buzz off. It is YOUR house and YOU can do what YOU want.

Yeah, I agree. Heck sometimes I don't get dressed for hours and am still in my pj's which are like boxers and a t-shirt. I want to be cool and comfortable. And at age 62, I don't give two flips on what other people think. As long as I'm comfortable.

Stitchnripper 10-24-2010 04:35 PM

I wear whatever I'm wearing when I get the urge to sew. Sometimes PJs, sometimes shorts and t shirt, sometimes, jeans. Just whatever.

Swan Song 10-24-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight

Originally Posted by littlehud
I wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt in the winter and capris and T shirts in the summer. I want to be comfy at home. Oh....and no bra please.

OMG!! If I wouldn't wear a bra, I may cut one off with the rotary cutter!!!

ROFL I am also a no bra person. Guess I finally can be happy I was never well endowed! No chance of getting the girls chopped off. :lol:

katied772 10-24-2010 06:56 PM

I am like you, comfort is priority. I like loose fitting clothes and nothing too warm.

Mona Lisa 10-24-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pam B
Jeans, sweats, anything comfortable. I do try to remember to change, if I need to run out to the store, or someplace. More than once, I've realized that I am covered with threads and lint! In the summer, I sew barefoot and in the winter I wear those little slipper socks. Cannot stand to wear shoes when I am sewing.

I thought I was the only one that can't sew with shoes on. I walk around with one shoe on and one shoe off.

Lady Shivesa 10-24-2010 07:20 PM

I tend to get really warm when I sew for some reason. So I usually have a real thin, camisole like tank top on and my comfy pajama pants (often rolled up). I sometimes wear my slippers because my kitchen floor sometimes has crap on it (*blush*) and I don't like it under my feet.

abonda 10-24-2010 07:27 PM

definatley PJ's and bare feet! With a cup of coffee and snacks! Oh put the phone near me too. Don't want to have to get up for anything when I quilt. Unless I have to go to the bathroom :oops:

gzbird101 10-24-2010 07:59 PM

I usually wear sweats and only "dress up" if I know someone is coming over to talk quilts. For some reason people tend to think you don't know what you are doing or talking about if they think you are dressed down.