Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you wish your sewing machine would do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-wish-your-sewing-machine-would-do-t13763.html)

barnbum 11-23-2008 05:38 AM

Change thread colors in an instant and then rethread itself.
Good one!! :D

You folks crack me up! :lol: :lol:

tlrnhi 11-23-2008 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum

Change thread colors in an instant and then rethread itself.
Good one!! :D

You folks crack me up! :lol: :lol:

I wish it would do it now since I'm doing some applique. lol

Quilting Aggi 11-23-2008 06:12 AM

I too wish it could talk to me... sometimes I would like to know if my machine would like to try something it hasn't yet, or work on a different kind of project. It has feelings too you know.... It tells us each time it is p 'ed off and breaks threads, needles, or weird da clunk da clunk da clunk sounds!!!

THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!!

Up North 11-23-2008 06:20 AM

I wish my machine would sew my UFO's while I am gone and cut the fabric for quilts.

barnbum 11-23-2008 06:29 AM

I too wish it could talk to me... sometimes I would like to know if my machine would like to try something it hasn't yet, or work on a different kind of project. It has feelings too you know.... It tells us each time it is p 'ed off and breaks threads, needles, or weird da clunk da clunk da clunk sounds!!!
Great ideas!!! :D

Elizabeth A. 11-23-2008 07:55 AM

Oh I just love all of these. Currently I wish my machine would give me a couple suggestions for how to quilt the quilts I'm working on. With this quilt you could do this this or that. With that other quilt you could...

blahel 11-23-2008 09:46 PM

i hate changing thread so wish you could have all your thread somehow connected in the bobbin and up top so whenever you wanted a different color you just press a button and it sews in that color..and a stop you are doing something stupid flashing light and siren to prevent you sewing things together wrong then having to reverse sew!

Piecemaker 11-23-2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I was afraid to get off course but I would really like it if I could burn the same (or more) number of calories sitting at the sewing machine as I would get while running on the treadmill. OK, I would settle for walking on the treadmill since that's all I do anyway.

I think this could be possible if you switched to the treadle machine! :D

I want my machine to be able to sew faster so I can complete all the quilts that I have dreamed of making!

PrettyKitty 11-24-2008 02:59 AM

I wish my machine would talk to me....like Kitt talks to Michael in Knightrider. I imagine it would have a slightly camp voice and be quite sarcastic, but in a friendly, teasing way.

NiceNCLady 11-24-2008 03:01 AM

I wish my machine would produce a good looking man to massage my shoulders when they hurt from being hunched over my machine too long.