Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do your quilt scraps say about you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-your-quilt-scraps-say-about-you-t259663.html)

love to sew 01-15-2015 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Madan49 (Post 7048285)
Mine say that my friends have figured out that I will use the scraps that they won't, so they pass them on to me for charity quilts! LOL! So, my scraps don't really reflect my tastes, but they do reflect my heart, and that's what is important! :)

This is me too! and we live in the same state! I'm in Phoenix. It has been a long time since I actually bought fabric! It is good that others don't want the scraps as I keep using them in scrappy quilts and it seems most patterns I like use lots of fabrics. See - Pink and Purple string and QOV log cabin in a recent posts in pictures.:)

jbj137 01-15-2015 09:32 AM

*** Lots of color - Bright & Beautiful.
*** Mine says I am Stingy - want to keep them all to use SOMETIME.

salemrabbits 01-15-2015 10:20 AM

my scraps also say I'm a hoarder...I don't make a lot of my own "scraps", my friends give me theirs! I do use them, but just sometimes not fast enough. I do have a couple of bins of smaller than yard pieces. I haven't touched them other than pulling some pinks for BHunters mystery. I very much prefer to use strings and crumbs- would probably part with some of the "stash" or have a quilting party, invite my bestie friends and give them a chance to take some! Point is, most of them have more than I do to start with!!!!!! IF and when I retire, I will be glad I have a stash, I dream of just playing with fabrics and doing my thing--making a pile for any grands I might someday have?

crafty pat 01-15-2015 12:03 PM

Mine tell me I love color, birds, flowers and butterfly's. That I buy way to much fabric and I can never use all that I have but I am so afraid to throw any away because that may be just what I need later. That I am a hoarder of fabric. But I do love it all.

MargeD 01-15-2015 12:21 PM

I would say that my stash, and therefore my scraps range from blues, greens, purples, florals, batiks in just about every color, children's fabrics, etc., etc., in other words, a little bit of everything. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in and what the fabric originally said to me to buy it.

GrammaNan 01-15-2015 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ilovesewing (Post 7046863)
My scraps told me to stop saving them and not do anything with them. So they all got bagged up for the guilds use. I already used the fabric once, or twice...no need to use it again. And it felt absolutely wonderful to get them all out of there!

Me too!!!!

ccthomas 01-15-2015 06:47 PM

Looking at my scraps, I see an out of control, stressed woman that needs to slow down and take care of herself for 2015. The scraps are saying: Play, Carol.

quiltjoey 01-15-2015 08:43 PM

Hoarder of scraps here! All types. Some of mine, some from friends, some from the guild. I recently gave away 2 trash bags and still have angst over it. I see scraps as money and tossing it into garbage is like throwing money away. I used to calculate the number of hours I had to work to buy something I wanted. It really taught me about spending money. I usually buy what I want now that I am retired but can't seem to let go of scraps. Maybe, I'm a conservative hoarder of all scraps?

zennia 01-16-2015 01:21 AM

Mine says use what you need and donate the rest to guild.

ppquilter 01-16-2015 08:21 AM

My husband makes me see RED, so I buy alot of it, for me its a happy color! Looking at my scraps i can tell when I used to be in a floral period, then came the 30's-50's period and now in the civil war period. With a lot more mixed in between! Love scrappie!