Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What a great excuse to make two new quilts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-great-excuse-make-two-new-quilts-t228068.html)

Buckeye Rose 08-16-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 6237235)
Congratulations to your husband !! What did he get? Mine got a right lung 4 1/2 years ago. He, too, wouldn't be alive today without it.

He got a modified multi-visceral....basically stomach, pancreas and small intestine all at once

LadyElisabeth 08-16-2013 09:18 AM

Too bad about the hardwood floor. The quilts will be fun. Will your husband make one of them?

Lucio 08-16-2013 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by tucsonquilter (Post 6236976)
What a great idea. I have been talking to my hub about getting twin beds because of my tossing and turning every nite and he says I wake him up often by doing that. However I noticed that the regular twin beds are quite a bit shorter than the king bed so we need to look for the long twins. Looks like shopping in the future for us also.

You might consider getting the bedding for long twins now because all the dorm length is on sale now for "back to school".

Peckish 08-16-2013 09:37 AM

I've told my husband for the last couple of years that it would be nice to have 2 beds, although my dream is to have 2 doubles instead of twins. Gotta have a larger room, though. He thinks I'm joking. :shock:

Krystyna 08-18-2013 03:22 AM

Laminate flooring is wonderful but it is a lot of work to put down. We had it in our cottage (destroyed by Sandy) and I wish we could have it again in our new home. As for the beds, we had twins put together for years because we couldn't fit anything larger in the door. It was a terrific arrangement for living with a man with restless leg syndrome. I would just shove his bed over a little bit and go back to sleep. Now, in the apartment we have until we rebuild, we have a new comfy king sized bed. At first I thought it was too big, but now ... with two dogs ... I'm thinking its too small! Enjoy your new arrangement!

Annaquilts 08-18-2013 03:33 AM

We have two long twins put together side by side to make a Cal King. The mattresses are that shock absorbing foam like temperpedic sp? This helps absorb the restless leg syndrome and shaking from DH and my tossing and turning so we can both get some sleep.

The quilts sound like fun and the new flooring beautiful. Enjoy!

DebbieG 08-18-2013 03:43 AM

How about 2 quilts, same fabric, different patterns. I have twins in my spare bedroom and that's what I did...love it! (So does everyone that visits and sleeps in there)

Retired Fire Chief 08-18-2013 03:47 AM

Organ donor

I see you husband is an organ recipient, mine also. My DH celebrated his fifth birthday with his new heart on July 3. Congrats to you and your husband, him for the amazing gift and you for surviving as caregiver.

Misty's Mom 08-18-2013 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief (Post 6240456)
I see you husband is an organ recipient, mine also. My DH celebrated his fifth birthday with his new heart on July 3. Congrats to you and your husband, him for the amazing gift and you for surviving as caregiver.

Congratulations to the two of you too. It's amazing to be living in this age with so much possible.

twinkie 08-18-2013 04:17 AM

Something how we can use just about any occasion to make another one. LOL. You have to get busy now.