Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I discovered about Juki and Brother (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-discovered-about-juki-brother-t304363.html)

Onebyone 04-25-2019 10:56 AM

What I discovered about Juki and Brother

My Brother 1500 machine locked up for the third time. It's decade old and has been a workhorse so I new it was time to let it go and not invest another repair cost in it. I was with my sewing group at a Brother dealer and found a trade in Juki TL 98 Q for $200. Serviced and guaranteed. I bought it. I was thinking about all the special feet I had for the Brother. The dealer said the feet wouldn't fit the Juki and showed me the 1/4 piecing foot for $49.99. I tried the Brother feet anyway after I got home and everyone fits the Juki perfectly. :D

toverly 04-25-2019 11:35 AM

I knew they looked alike. That's nice to know. Thanks for sharing.

quiltingcandy 04-25-2019 12:26 PM

I found that the feet of my Janome will fit on my Europro and some fit on my F/W. It never hurts to try it carefully and see if they work. Beats buying something you need when you already have it.

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 04-25-2019 06:38 PM

I had feet from an old Brother runway and they look quite similar but when I switched them out, the thread kept breaking. When I switched the foot back the thread did not break. So something wasn't right. Yes, I put a new needle in to see if that was causing the problem. I like the Brother foot better than the Juki foot. Oh, well sometimes you get a win and sometimes you don't. It was worth the try.

SusieQOH 04-25-2019 06:44 PM

That's a great deal you got! I have a Juki that looks just like a Brother (not sure of the model).
I love my Juki and hope you enjoy yours too :)

Jingle 04-26-2019 02:34 PM

My Babylock Jane feet work on my Juki TL98QE. I haven't tried the walking foot so I don't know about that. Replacement feet for the Juki were $100.00 per foot. That was several years ago.

Good deal you got.

Dolphyngyrl 04-26-2019 04:02 PM

I'm pretty sure the 1500 is a juki manufactured machine. There are a lot of different models under different brands that are the same machine

Onebyone 04-26-2019 04:16 PM

What is so funny, I went with four of my quilting group to the shop. They wanted to see what kind of sale the DreamMachine would be. While they were discussing the machine price with the dealer I saw the Juki, paid for it, and walked back to the group. I sit and watched the demo of the machine and watched three of the group each write a check for over $9000. They left excited but I left happy.

Peckish 04-26-2019 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8245078)
My Brother 1500 machine locked up for the third time. It's decade old and has been a workhorse .

Oh no!!! I have a Brother 1500 and adore it; it's my favorite machine! What was wrong with it, why did it keep locking up?

Stitchnripper 04-26-2019 05:42 PM

I know the Baby Lock Jane and the Brother 1500 are the same machine. My dealer sells Brother and Juki and told me while they look alike, they are different “under the hood” but they are high shank so the feet all fit each other. I use a Juki open toe FMQ foot on my Brother 1500