Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I got for less than $6 at Goodwill (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-got-less-than-%246-goodwill-t146398.html)

dixiebelle162002 08-19-2011 06:41 PM

Imagine trying to walk in that girdle they are showing in the pic, you would have to twist for sure!!! :lol: :lol: Great find on the thread and other things.

gramma mo 08-19-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
I stopped by Goodwill on a lark, just because I was driving by, and got two sewing boxes full of stuff. Once I sorted out and threw away the "junk" I ended up with two bags of buttons, a bunch of old thread (I know it's best not to use this for quilt making, but may be okay for decorative stiches), a bag full of snaps and eye and hook closures, and some other odds and ends. I got all the stuff in one box so now I have an empty one to fill up!

If any of you ladies need to "refresh your girdle", I've got the trolley supporters you need. :-)

You should use those girdle thingies to hang up a wall hanging!

tealady 08-19-2011 06:56 PM

Do I see wooden spools in that stash?

Ramona Byrd 08-19-2011 07:06 PM

I remember those!!! I also remember my aunts bending over to lock them to the single hose they wore, one on each leg, and screaming when their fingernails started a run in those extremely hard to get hose!!!!! They were precious things, and I would be sent to "the store" to see if one of my Grandma's kin would have a pair or two of them "below the counter" for my aunts. I'd get them in a paper sack so no one could see what they were....they were THAT precious and hard to get.

jillnjo 08-19-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Linda1
I remember those girdle clips. I wore a girdle and didn't need one now I need one and don't wear one. You sure made a haul.

:roll: Hehe ain't that the truth!! And I don't plan on wearing one soon, either!!

TheSevenYearStitch 08-19-2011 07:10 PM

My girdle just hasn't been getting the support it needs lately. It bears a heavy burden....

np3 08-19-2011 07:13 PM

ROFL!

suebee 08-19-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
I stopped by Goodwill on a lark, just because I was driving by, and got two sewing boxes full of stuff. Once I sorted out and threw away the "junk" I ended up with two bags of buttons, a bunch of old thread (I know it's best not to use this for quilt making, but may be okay for decorative stiches), a bag full of snaps and eye and hook closures, and some other odds and ends. I got all the stuff in one box so now I have an empty one to fill up!

If any of you ladies need to "refresh your girdle", I've got the trolley supporters you need. :-)

Oh my gosh, I had a sewing box like that once..brings back memories, LOL. Love the girdle thingy

mom-6 08-19-2011 07:36 PM

Did you know you can use those clips to secure a picnic table cover or a fitted sheet whose elastic is done for?

wolfkitty 08-19-2011 07:44 PM

I'm a little bit younger (not a lot) but I don't know what my trolley is! (LOL) Please excuse my ignorance, and help me out by explaining it to me! Thank you so much!