Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I learned today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-learned-today-t54127.html)

deanna.r 07-14-2010 10:29 PM

According to Chinese Feng Shui, you must always put the toilet lid down. If you don't, you will be flushing your money away. It was certainly true in your case!

Rina 07-14-2010 10:38 PM

O Lori, I had such a big laugh when I read this. I can just imagine what your reaction was. The other day one of our quilting group's ladies put her batting on a table and laid out all her baby blocks for us to see. It didn't took her very long, because she packed the blocks in sequence at home. Now this batting was hanging down from the table and as soon as she was finished, she turned around to tell us how difficult it was to find the right sequence. While she was talking I saw the batting started to slide down from the table at quite a speed and all I could do was start screaming and everybody turned towards me to see what was going on and nobody looked at the "quilt" on the table. I just showed with my finger to the table and when the lady turned around, all the baby blocks laid scattered on the floor! We were all hilarious by that time. She picked every block up and said that now we can wait and the next time we saw the quilt was when it was finished! Hope you feel better.

cinnamon 07-15-2010 01:10 AM

At least your puppy didnt eat your blocks my shepard would have. ;)

Bren 07-15-2010 03:08 AM

Oh my! The "before" pic looks lovely though.

Bren

Lori L 07-15-2010 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by cinnamon
At least your puppy didnt eat your blocks my shepard would have. ;)

Nope.....that's something my chocolate lab would do though! :)

SewExtremeSeams 07-15-2010 07:29 AM

Dear Lori,
Thank you for sharing the challenges you have had to deal with. Hard lessons but hopefully, others will be able to learn. Are you at a point where you 'can' laugh about it now? :-D

Ok, I gotta ask. I noticed that recently many quilters have learned how to sign their name that shows up when they post. Where did you learn this? It looks so cool?

Margie 07-15-2010 08:20 AM

Awwwwwwwwww what a sweet dog.....he will give you many years of love and loyalty...maybe protection...worth more than the plumbing bill. I cant guarantee the same from your son though ROFL (just teasing). Sorry about the grief.

BellaBoo 07-15-2010 09:02 AM

The heat/ac vent kept blowing my blocks off my design wall.
DH took the vent cover off an turned it around so the air went the opposite direction. I can imagine what a fan would do!

A few years DGD put a large dog marrow bone (not rawhide) in the toilet and flushed! The plumber, my brother, said it will dissolve, just leave it alone. After a few days the toilet flushed just fine.

Lori L 07-15-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Dear Lori,
Thank you for sharing the challenges you have had to deal with. Hard lessons but hopefully, others will be able to learn. Are you at a point where you 'can' laugh about it now? :-D

Ok, I gotta ask. I noticed that recently many quilters have learned how to sign their name that shows up when they post. Where did you learn this? It looks so cool?

Another poster, Annete1952 helped me out with the same thing cuz I loved the signature thing too! Go to
http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard1_1.php and follow the instructions.

Lori L 07-15-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The heat/ac vent kept blowing my blocks off my design wall.
DH took the vent cover off an turned it around so the air went the opposite direction. I can imagine what a fan would do!

A few years DGD put a large dog marrow bone (not rawhide) in the toilet and flushed! The plumber, my brother, said it will dissolve, just leave it alone. After a few days the toilet flushed just fine.

BellaBoo....I gave it 5 days......5days of not having the main bathroom in my house.....couldn't wait any longer (I really had to pee!:) ) LOL Maybe if I'd been patient, it'd have dissolved on it's own, but patience is NOT one of my virtues.