Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was I thinking? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-thinking-t70589.html)

plainjane 10-16-2010 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Start making and selling grocery bags? Tell yourself it is an eco-friendly business and you are sacrificing yourself for future generations. I make my bags out of "what were you thinking of fabrics". It is amazing how much better those fabrics look to someone else.

Great idea! And 2 above this post, large ironing board! I could use the embrod. machine for the word "shopping" in RED! The embrod. may take an extra 10 min to stitch out.

Now I'm thinking my Oct. secret pal is getting a shopping bag!

mountain-moma 10-16-2010 07:42 PM

Plainjane,just had to say that picture of the baby is a Beautiful baby look at those cheeks and eyes.(:)

The pillow ticking made me think of my Mom she always kept a vast supply on hand years ago.

tooMuchFabric 10-16-2010 07:43 PM

The ticking might be good for longarmers' leader materials.

plainjane 10-16-2010 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by mountain-moma
Plainjane,just had to say that picture of the baby is a Beautiful baby look at those cheeks and eyes.(:)

The pillow ticking made me think of my Mom she always kept a vast supply on hand years ago.

Chubby cheeks and thunder thighs are much cuter at that age than, say, 56 yrs old :)

katied772 10-16-2010 07:50 PM

Frequently. I tend to fall in love easily, usually with no idea how I will use something.

craftybear 10-16-2010 09:21 PM

wow, love to see a picture of your ironing board

Originally Posted by tjradj
Advertise it for making your own ironing surfaces. I used some to cover an old door (over 2 layers of batting)
I love my 36"X80" ironing board. It's on hinges so I can flip it up on the wall out of the way.

kapatt 10-16-2010 10:25 PM

Yes, I definitely understand. I found some dark blue material with red robins on it at a store that was going out of business. I bought about 15 or 20 yards. I have made remote control holders, pillows and I don't know what else since I bought it. That was about 10 years ago. I can't stand the material now and I still probably have 10 yards of it left. :roll:

kristen0112 10-16-2010 10:30 PM

that's A LOT of pillow ticking. I have a friend whose husband's company made sample products. She had all kinds of knit fabric. She offered I accepted and took a whole bunch of free knit fabrics. My intentions were good I was going to make some casual clothes, work out clothes etc. I never did I got rid of it after a couple of years. Then a couple of weeks ago I was cleaning in the garage and found one more heap of fabric I thought was all gone.

jbud2 10-17-2010 03:38 AM

I bought some pillow ticking to make kid's aprons to sell at the church bazaar. I had some appliques and iron-on patches that I decorated the bib part with. The mothers and grandmothers loved them!!

Melinda in Tulsa 10-17-2010 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
I did that once..bought a bolt of cow print fabric. I STILL have some. I've been using it as the backing for the baby quilts I've been making. =)

I LOVE cow spot fabric! My kitchen/dining room is done in cow spots and cow accessories.