Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What was I thinking? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-thinking-t70589.html)

plainjane 10-16-2010 06:53 PM

Have you bought fabric or an item, got home and couldn't help but say-What was I thinking?

Mine was a 75 (yes, seventy-five) yard roll of pillow ticking fabric. It was only $20 at a market-no returns. That was about 8 years ago and I probably still have 74 yards. :)

wolfkitty 10-16-2010 06:55 PM

Lol - only because I do understand what you mean!

Dawn Hendrix 10-16-2010 06:56 PM

lol.... to funny.. and yes but it was on sale sometimes doesn't justify it in the end.

Ramona Byrd 10-16-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by plainjane
Have you bought fabric or an item, got home and couldn't help but say-What was I thinking?
Mine was a 75 (yes, seventy-five) yard roll of pillow ticking fabric. It was only $20 at a market-no returns. That was about 8 years ago and I probably still have 74 yards. :)

------------------------------------------------
Yes, I have a bolt (no idea of how many yards) of deep yellow curtain/drape material. I've had it for years and years. It was "on sale" at a flea market and looked so pretty in the sunlight that I just had to have it. Staggered to the car with it and my DH asked what in the world was I going to do with it. Then I looked at it again and realized that I didn't honestly like it at all, but you know women with a sale item. Still have it, don't know why. Maybe should take it to GoodWill.

amma 10-16-2010 07:09 PM

LOL Yes!! Several times :roll:

oldswimmer 10-16-2010 07:11 PM

ooohhhhh... I alwasy look for pillow ticking. What color is it. Maybe you could sell some on the site.

RkayD 10-16-2010 07:12 PM

I did that once..bought a bolt of cow print fabric. I STILL have some. I've been using it as the backing for the baby quilts I've been making. =)

plainjane 10-16-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
ooohhhhh... I alwasy look for pillow ticking. What color is it. Maybe you could sell some on the site.

It is just printed on a heavier cotton twill-not even the good ticking that would be used for a feather pillow. It's the usual dark stripe like the older men's coveralls. AND me, being a fabric horder, can't seem to sell it or even give it to goodwill! I keep thinking a super good use for a massive amount of fabric is just around the corner. ;)

tjradj 10-16-2010 07:27 PM

Advertise it for making your own ironing surfaces. I used some to cover an old door (over 2 layers of batting)
I love my 36"X80" ironing board. It's on hinges so I can flip it up on the wall out of the way.

lab fairy 10-16-2010 07:31 PM

Start making and selling grocery bags? Tell yourself it is an eco-friendly business and you are sacrificing yourself for future generations. I make my bags out of "what were you thinking of fabrics". It is amazing how much better those fabrics look to someone else.