Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the name of this pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-name-pattern-t224964.html)

railroad 07-03-2013 08:59 AM

This pattern's name is Settler's Trail by Kathy Borgardt It is Primitive Gatherings PRI-938

KarenR 07-03-2013 09:22 AM

I would like to add that to my to do list. It is really nice.

Rosebird 07-03-2013 09:50 AM

It's sure a beauty! but. it's sure a lot pieces! thanks for sharing!

Andrea 07-03-2013 11:35 AM

I have made a number of postage stamp quilts and really enjoy them. But this is an entirely new pattern to me. and I love it! Making it will take a lot of time and a lot of patience, but I think the end results would be amazing.

Rosyhf 07-03-2013 02:34 PM

Thank you for bringing this lovely quilt to our attention. I have already figured it out and am working on the middle block lol.

amelia0607 07-03-2013 03:01 PM

It is beautiful!!

Peckish 07-03-2013 03:02 PM

Settler's Trail is also the name I know it by.

Fraew 07-03-2013 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 6157925)
Thank you for bringing this lovely quilt to our attention. I have already figured it out and am working on the middle block lol.

I'm so glad that you and others are enjoying this and happy that we have this community to share and learn from one another!

Please post your pics.

I am going with 1" finished squares and looking for the perfect batik background. Won't this be amazing in batiks?!?

Rosyhf 07-03-2013 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 6158162)
I'm so glad that you and others are enjoying this and happy that we have this community to share and learn from one another!

Please post your pics.

I am going with 1" finished squares and looking for the perfect batik background. Won't this be amazing in batiks?!?

I am going with 2 inch finished squares as I have a whole little bag left over from my cross and H quilt. I usually tend to go for 2 inches, it's just easier. I have the middle done with has 81 patches (geez, I had no idea lol) I have one side block done, the long one with the middle of that one having 27 patches. I am now working on the third block which is a nine patch and will have 49 patches. This will be a 54 inch block? good grief ahahahah

I am using a mix of batiks and QC.

Rosyhf 07-03-2013 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 6158162)

Please post your pics.

Ok here are the three blocks that make up the quilt. I did the test blocks and they came out fine. I won't be able to work on it for a while as you can see the other quilt on the board that I have to finish first lol. I just had to take a break and do something else. My block is huge because of the 2 inch patches but I love it. I just have to make four blocks.