Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what pattern is this? is it? Help copying it, please? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-pattern-help-copying-please-t216657.html)

Lara122 03-17-2013 06:43 PM

what pattern is this? is it? Help copying it, please?

1 Attachment(s)
This was on the sign at our local greenway! I am so taken with it!! I can see the sixty degree star, and I am coloring what I can on my paper . .

the curves?

I have never seen this before, but I know that doesn't mean it didn't exist before I saw it!! Anybody recognize it? Have a fantastic easy way I can do it? Know where I should purchase a pattern?

much love, all of you wonderful answer-ladies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402466[/ATTACH]

NanaCsews2 03-17-2013 09:31 PM

My first thought was it looks like a combination of a feathered chevron star. Is there such a thing?
Along with others, Marsha McCloskey does feathered stars-she has books called Feathered Star Quilt Blocks I and II.

DOTTYMO 03-18-2013 12:00 AM

I think it is diamonds all the same size just colour arrangement make the difference. Should be easy to draw and then colour in to make pattern. If I remember the circle will just happen because you start from a star shape.

ArtsyOne 03-18-2013 03:07 AM

You could make the outer white ring from a strip set of white with chocolate at the end of the 60 degree triangle, and a triangle of chocolate with white at the end - again, strip set.

WTxRed 03-18-2013 03:32 AM

Will be a beautiful quilt! Keep us posted on your progress please!

PaperPrincess 03-18-2013 04:27 AM

The center is a lone star with interesting color placement. If you google it, there are lots of sites (note that it's an 8 point star, so the angles are 45 degrees, not 60). I would guess that you could make the center star following the pattern, on a large cream background, then applique the curved pieces and the additional diamonds.

HillCountryGal 03-18-2013 04:29 AM

Your post makes me smile.
Funny how we see a picture of something and naturally see a quilt block. :o
Good luck with your new creations.

Lara122 03-18-2013 04:32 AM

I have that printed star diagram from fons and porter . . I am going to extend the diamonds so I can color the whole thing, then maybe transfer it to graph paper . . .

I penciled in the curve, and it does look similar to the picture.

Is it me, or are their last row of brown diamonds bigger?

Lara122 03-18-2013 04:37 AM

PaperPrincess, you are so correct!! and, the paper I am using *is* the forty five degree star! brainBump moment for me, I guess!!

oh, I haven't done applique! <shuddering> not another kindergarten star!!! lol

Caswews 03-19-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal (Post 5935981)
Your post makes me smile.
Funny how we see a picture of something and naturally see a quilt block. :o
Good luck with your new creations.

Its nice to know others do the same thing .. Oh can I make a quilt out of this, now to find the right colors.. LOL