Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What pattern is this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-pattern-t282778.html)

tessagin 10-07-2016 06:36 AM

Anxious to see when finished.

luvspaper 10-07-2016 06:43 AM

I would do some sort of panto rather than customized personally. Because I just can't find a good flow through the blocks (and one of the pinwheels looks backwards - the one on the bottom left of your pic) when I tried. Otherwise, I think your whites might form some cool diamonds that could have one pattern with complementary patterns in the pinwheels and squares....

sylviasmom 10-07-2016 07:16 AM

Our guild had a quilt fair judge attend a meeting. Her advise was if your pattern has straight lines, do a all over pattern.

margecam52 10-07-2016 01:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I am using 1/2" straight lines in the setting triangles and a curve/candle flame/curve (continuous) in the triangles. It comes out looking like an allover pattern. Tried the overlapping circles (used qbot v3) and didn't like them. I know the kind of work this customer likes (I've done more than 15 quilts for her), so I pulled up some pics of some of her quilts I've done...she best like it...I know she will...but it's taking a lot of time on those setting tris on the edges of the quilt.
I'm working at home on a Crown Royal quilt binding today...but will post pic of this quilts quilting when I get to the shop tomorrow.

margecam52 10-07-2016 01:31 PM

this quilt has more than one reverse pinwheel...the maker did take 12 patches and a matching size white square and made 1/2 sq tris from them...so it's fairly equal. The design I'm using...doesn't matter. The squares have been divided with the quilting to make them match the other areas.

Originally Posted by luvspaper (Post 7670972)
I would do some sort of panto rather than customized personally. Because I just can't find a good flow through the blocks (and one of the pinwheels looks backwards - the one on the bottom left of your pic) when I tried. Otherwise, I think your whites might form some cool diamonds that could have one pattern with complementary patterns in the pinwheels and squares....

maryellen2u 10-07-2016 08:44 PM

I see some secondary patterns in the quilt. I don't know anything about LA quilting. But I think this has some unusual movement and shapes.

margecam52 10-08-2016 02:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what I've decided to do. It's going fairly quickly...those 1/2" lines...shoulda rethunk those, lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559909[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559910[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by margecam52 (Post 7669465)
I looked online...can't find the pattern name. I want to quilt it, but looking for ideas...so, willing to have you all make suggestions for quilting it also.

I have been longarm quilting since 2006, and this is the hardest part for me...what to put on the quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559704[/ATTACH]