Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting techniques haven't you tried yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-techniques-havent-you-tried-yet-t131576.html)

meemersmom 06-19-2011 04:33 AM

An earlier post from someone wanting help with curved piecing got me thinking...there's a quite a few things I've been afraid to try, mostly because they look to be too difficult (reverse applique has me shaking in my shoes!!). I'm sure there's others out there, and I am curious. So...what quilting techniques haven't you tried yet and why not?

Rebecca VLQ 06-19-2011 04:46 AM

Hand quilting. I have the best of intentions...just haven't actually done it!

Tartan 06-19-2011 04:47 AM

I love the heart bargello. I don't know if I will ever make large one, maybe a mini? There are so many patterns that are on my "TO DO" list that I will never get to them all.

sweet 06-19-2011 04:49 AM

Those curved seams and fancy paper piecing are two techniques that I have yet to handle. Reverse applique has been easy for me....

DogHouseMom 06-19-2011 04:50 AM

You need to add the word "yet" to your subject title :)

Curved piecing in quilts (have done it in garments)
Piecing diamonds or trapazoids.
Applique (of any type!)
Hand quilting.
All sorts of FMQ such as feathers
All binding techniques except traditional mitered corner.

meemersmom 06-19-2011 04:53 AM

[quote=DogHouseMom]You need to add the word "yet" to your subject title :)

Point taken. I added it. Thanks!!

:)

MelodyWB 06-19-2011 05:01 AM

I have never quilted a full size or larger quilt..have always sent them out..I do small ones and my wall hangings..can't think of much else..lol..there is a lot I have tired..I may never do again..I do find reversed applique easy..learned to PP 2 years ago and I liked it..the only thing I do by hand is binding!! I'm sure there are things out there I know nothing about..my current addiction is the Bargello !!

feline fanatic 06-19-2011 05:12 AM

I have yet to try trapunto work but I do want to do it on my current WIP. I have never done needle turn applique or reverse applique but have done prepared applique (with the seam allowance pressed under) and fusible applique. Thread painting or any kind of art quilt. At this point in my quilting journey I still like my quilts to be bed quilts so art quilts, while I marvel at looking at them I'm not sure I will ever try. Minature quilts. I am sure there are loads of techniques I'm not even thinking of and I won't even get into some of the longarming techniques that are out there that I have yet to try.

amma 06-19-2011 05:29 AM

Reverse applique, I just can't wrap my mind around this one, or the why behind it LOL
I will give it a go though in the future :D

I love to try out the different techniques that I come across, even if it is only one block or a very small quilt. Love the challenge :D:D:D

susie-susie-susie 06-19-2011 06:18 AM

I've tried needle turned applique, but just can't do it. I love applique with the blanket stitch, so I guess I'll stay with that.
Sue