Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilts-your-i-want-make-soon-someday-file-t264292.html)

audsgirl 04-21-2015 09:01 PM

Storm at Sea is one design I would love to do. I still haven't done a One Block Wonder, and I would love to hand quilt a whole quilt.

Leslie

quilt938 04-21-2015 10:01 PM

gosh forgot about storm at sea!

also - when i meant that by the time I'm ready to make one that the craze has passed I meant that I wouldnt' have anyone to make one with - when I started quilting, stack n whack was being done like crazy then everyone quit after they had several and went on to the next thing which I think was round robin...I'm probably going to be on my own with stack n whack though but a friend has one of those around the world 9 patches she wants to do so I can have some company on that one!

tomorrow i plan to tackle some ufos at lqs sewbee - wish me luck!

ShelleyP 04-21-2015 10:26 PM

Newbie to the board, and wondering what you all think the current craze is. I did a storm at sea last year and really enjoyed it, all in batiks but I can't seem to post a picture. Right now I'm working on a Christmas tree skirt (machine for piecing and quilting), a Civil War quilt (hand pieced and quilted), a strippy flying geese (machine pieced, hand quilted), a random scrappy hexagon lap quilt and matching pillow top. If I get all those done I want to do an Ocean Waves--who am I kidding? I'll probably start it before I get ANY of those done!

ShelleyP 04-21-2015 11:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517715[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517716[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517718[/ATTACH]

Sync 04-21-2015 11:25 PM

The one quilt in my someday file is a Baltimore Album. lol ... just waiting for my applique skills to get a bit better.

gigigray032447 04-22-2015 12:40 AM

Typically I work on one thing at a time. This spring I started a king size blooming nine patch for my daughter, which did not turn out like she wanted color wise. But I love it so I picked up all the blocks (laid out in the garage) and started her another using darker fabrics in the same color way. By the time I get finished I will have made 480 nine patch blocks. Not to be remiss in making comfort quilts I have cut and sewn a whole stack of projects for that endeavor. When I get my daughter's quilt ready for the long armer I expect to wow friends on Facebook with my ability to push out a mass of comfort quilts in a short amount of time!

Jingle 04-22-2015 03:20 AM

I have too many to list, I don't have a written list, they are in my head. I am just making mainly scrappies. I always come up with something not on the list.

ShelleyCS 04-22-2015 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by ShelleyP (Post 7172767)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517715[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517716[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]517718[/ATTACH]

Just beautiful work!

IrishgalfromNJ 04-22-2015 03:58 AM

I want to make a Union Star quilt in civil war reproduction fabrics and I also want to make a GFG someday.

patchsamkim 04-22-2015 06:32 AM

My list is WAY too long...but would really like to make some quilt out of all the Kim Diehl books I have collected!