Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilts-your-i-want-make-soon-someday-file-t264292.html)

DresiArnaz 04-22-2015 06:59 AM

I'll be happy just to make a few that are halfway decent because I'm not very good at sewing in the first place but I still love to do it and soldier on hoping to improve a little each time I make something.

Snooze2978 04-22-2015 07:24 AM

Yes, Storm at Sea, French Braid, a logcabin using diamond shaped blocks (paperpieced mind you), Wedding Ring. That will hold me over for a few months I think.

Caswews 04-22-2015 07:56 AM

Too many to even begin to name them off !LOL

Buckeye Rose 04-22-2015 08:12 AM

Because of all you wonderful quilters and your beautiful quilts, my list gets longer every day! I have a paper-piece hex project I am working on, but it goes slow as it is all by hand and doesn't get worked on very often. It really needs to get done before I start anything new. But....I also want to do a Dear Jane, bloomin 9-patch, french braid and so many more!

rebeljane 04-22-2015 08:31 AM

The ones I really want to make are Hunters Star and a Bargello

neece 04-22-2015 09:17 AM

I want to make a bedsize Cathedral Window(king). Years before I seriously began quilting I got a square and attempted to take apart. I was at the fabric store and asked a lady if she had ever made one. She said yes, years ago and never again. Maybe :D

mrs. fitz 04-22-2015 09:18 AM

What I want to do most is a block -- just a block -- of New York Beauty that doesn't call for paper piecing, but every pattern I see is PP'd. Back in the day when that was a "hot" block there was no paper piecing, quilters just did it, so I know the pattern exists, I just can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Just did another I've been anxious to try, a small bargello wallhanging. I used leftover batik strips and a pattern my guild gave out for a monthly challenge, a bargello flag. The pattern was easy to understand and I'm really pleased with the result for a first time try. I enjoyed doing it and maybe I'll do the flag as well.

madamekelly 04-22-2015 10:21 AM

I have the pattern, and fabric to do a greek key quilt, and a raw edge applique of a covered bridge scenic quilt. Someday......

madamekelly 04-22-2015 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz (Post 7173220)
What I want to do most is a block -- just a block -- of New York Beauty that doesn't call for paper piecing, but every pattern I see is PP'd. Back in the day when that was a "hot" block there was no paper piecing, quilters just did it, so I know the pattern exists, I just can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Just did another I've been anxious to try, a small bargello wallhanging. I used leftover batik strips and a pattern my guild gave out for a monthly challenge, a bargello flag. The pattern was easy to understand and I'm really pleased with the result for a first time try. I enjoyed doing it and maybe I'll do the flag as well.

For your new york beauty, just get one of the paper piece patterns, then cut it apart and add seam allowances, then cut and sew them together?

audsgirl 04-22-2015 05:10 PM

ShelleyP, your quilts are wonderful, but I am swooning over the Storm at Sea! It's fantastic!

Leslie