Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What should I make with it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-should-i-make-t148072.html)

LyraJean 08-27-2011 11:15 AM

I think I watch too many horror movies. I immediately thought of the movie, Resident Evil, and the bad guys the Umbrella Corporation. So my suggestion is turn it into a Halloween piece by adding some zombies.

margecam52 08-27-2011 11:17 AM

look for some Morton Salt fabric...I've seen it not long ago...Maybe on Ebay? Your hubby's idea is neat...and the salt fabric (little girl with umbrella stomping in a puddle) would be perfect. Otherwise, a Sunbonnet Sue/Sam?

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond
I love color, and had to buy a yard of this fabric at Hancock's, but I don't know what to do with it. I don't have small children in the family, don't have these colors in my house or on my porch, feel it's too large a print to wear. . . Could it be a table topper? My DH says make a picture quilt with an insert of a boy stomping in a puddle, but I don't know how to do that. Ideas?

GladGrams 08-27-2011 12:06 PM

Mind if I ask where you found the fabric? I like is so much. I would make a tote bag out of it. :thumbup:

dahlshouse 08-27-2011 12:20 PM

Really cute fabric... how about a stack and wack...

mdmavis 08-27-2011 01:01 PM

I made two Pillowcases from the same fabric....so cute.

muskratwine 08-27-2011 01:11 PM

It would make a fabulous kaleidascope quilt!! That's like stack n whack - use a 60 degree triangle to make it. Love that fabric - if you just can't figure out what to do with it, let me know - I know!! Let us know what you make. Marlene in very HOT FL

Charleen DiSante 08-27-2011 01:14 PM

Since it rippled after washing; I have a question, did you wash the fabric before making the bib? Just wondering if that maybe was why?

Originally Posted by yayaquilts
Yes, I have used the iron on vinyl. It is easy to use. I made bibs for my grandsons. One drawback....after washing it kind of ripples but it doesn't come off which is good.

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond
When I was at Hancock's they mentioned iron-on vinyl. Anybody used that?

khurtdvm 08-27-2011 03:00 PM

I've seen that fabric before, too, and I keep thinking that it would make a great scrub top for my friend (a pediatrics nurse). I've resisted buying it so far because I have so many other fabrics for scrub tops for her!

khurtdvm 08-27-2011 03:02 PM

Corky, I love your umbrella quilt! Do you know the pattern name, or if it's available online?

sushi 08-27-2011 03:25 PM

I have been looking for (more of) this fabric for several months. It's no longer in either of the Hancock stores near me, and I can't find it online, either.

If anyone finds some, please, please, please let me know!!!

Thanks!

PS: If I can find enough, I'm gonna make a kaleidoscope quilt, using the original print as the backing. It will be called "April Showers Bring May Flowers." :-)