Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What should my husband get me for my birthday? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-should-my-husband-get-me-my-birthday-t187885.html)

DogHouseMom 05-02-2012 01:27 PM

I would choose that hubby takes you to the LQS and lunch - that way you get the stuff you want and you get to spend the day sharing it with hubby.

I love it when my husband gifts me with shopping and lunch/dinner. Not only did I get to shop and eat a good meal - I got to spend it with him and I didn't have to cook or clean!! SCORE!

Jingle 05-02-2012 01:30 PM

Get all you can. I buy my own gifts or I would be out of luck. Then I can get whatever I want. I also handle the money, makes it nice.

babyboomerquilter 05-02-2012 02:18 PM

Its all good! My Birthday is May 7th. Happy Birthday fellow Taurus!

Dingle 05-02-2012 02:25 PM

Go with the gift card. One that is never ending!

hopetoquilt 05-02-2012 05:07 PM

Why not pick a favorite pattern and get all the associated items for it?

mighty 05-02-2012 05:47 PM

Both sound like a lot of fun, just choose which is best for you!!!! Happy birtyday!!!!

Debbie C 05-02-2012 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by allie1 (Post 5188786)
you gave me a good idea I'll try telling my kids and husband to. my birthday is the 12th. I always ask for gift cards to the shops around here but they don't get any . they always give nice gifts but not what I really want :(. thanks I'm starting to dream too.I have a birthday month and that means that my husband gives me a gift every day all month and I love it . last year he got a lot of things that go with sewing like bobbins.thread, candy, pattern book. gas card. I think he does it because mothers day is so close but I have to say I like getting older because I have a hole month of opening gifts:thumbup: joanie

A birthday month? Do you mean you celebrate your birthday for 30 days with lots of gifties? Personally I LOVE that idea and think I just may institute that rule in June as I'm turning SIXTY and I'm not really happy about it!! LOL!

Sewflower 05-02-2012 06:49 PM

I ordered a featherweight for my birthday and told my husband he bought it for my birthday. I would chose the trip. DH and you its a win win!

burchquilts 05-02-2012 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by tngal22 (Post 5188576)
Personally, I would go with the gift cards just so you can buy what you want now and if you have any left over, stalk daily deals until you use it all.

Me, too... more variety. Have him bring you some yummy take out for while you're shopping online!

gotta-sew 05-02-2012 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by allie1 (Post 5188786)
you gave me a good idea I'll try telling my kids and husband to. my birthday is the 12th. I always ask for gift cards to the shops around here but they don't get any . they always give nice gifts but not what I really want :(. thanks I'm starting to dream too.I have a birthday month and that means that my husband gives me a gift every day all month and I love it . last year he got a lot of things that go with sewing like bobbins.thread, candy, pattern book. gas card. I think he does it because mothers day is so close but I have to say I like getting older because I have a hole month of opening gifts:thumbup: joanie

My birthday is May 12th as well! Connection!!!!:)