Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are some of your favorite? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-some-your-favorite-t264287.html)

Texastam 04-21-2015 09:34 AM

What are some of your favorite?

I am looking to expand my quilting book library. I wanted to ask you talented and wise women what are some of your favorite quilting books? The books that you have made quilts from or use as reference books all the time.

GO!!!

ManiacQuilter2 04-21-2015 09:37 AM

I love the Bargello Books by Eileen Wright. Just with so many free pattern online, I find that I am not buying as many books as I use to.

Tartan 04-21-2015 10:00 AM

I am trying to improve my FMQing so my new favourite is Angela Walters book Shape By Shape.

Onebyone 04-21-2015 10:10 AM

I have several go to books.

Rotary Cutting Revolution by Anita Grossman Solomon

My Quilting Life by Yoko Saito

Any Judy Martin quilt book

Any Eleanor Burns book

quilt938 04-21-2015 10:28 AM

I've made quillts from these more than once -
Quilt in a Day Log Cabin - Eleanor Burns ( I could easily spend hours looking through most of her books!)
Time for a Chain - Smith & Milligan (think there was another irish chain book as well that they did)
Allegro - Terry Atkinson (this is one of those stapled booklets - several pages but variations on the same idea so no binding)
Jelly Roll Quilts - Pam Lintott
Quilts from the Heart, Quilts from the Heart II -Karen Renaud

ideas and on my list to make quilts from:

Nickel Quilts (more nickel quilts) Pat Speth (probably has more out I haven't gotten yet)
Around the Block books by Judy Hopkins
Block Magic, Block Magic, Too! -Srebro (good for when you need a cutesy block)
Quick and Easy scrap quilts- Wilens
Scrap Basket - Kim Brackett ( several different titles but like all of them)
Tradition with a twist - Blanche Young
the border workbook - kime (some instructions I found difficult to follow but great for round robin ideas)
carol doak for paperpiecing (I have stars and another more general book she did can't remember the title)
applique made easy - soltys
quilter's ultimate visual guide a-z - pahl
one block wonders -rosenthal (haven't made one yet but a friend has made many from this book and I can't wait!)
magic stack n whack - reynolds - again haven't made yet but love looking at this book and it's on my list to make soon as well!
Patchwork minus the Mathwork - I have a simple stapled version of this that says how many blocks of 'x' size needed for whichever layout (with/without sashing, straight set/onpoint) I see a different looking book on amazon but sounds like the same idea

I also like looking at the dear jane, dear hannah, and quilted diamonds books - one of these days....

I'll probably think of some more but as someone else said I often use the free patterns or buy an individual pattern nowadays - I did just buy 'the new hexagon'

PaperPrincess 04-21-2015 10:59 AM

Mastering Precision Piecing by Sally Collins
Setting Solutions, by Sharyn Craig
The Border Workbook, by Janet Kime
Nickel Quilt books by Pat Speth - My favorite is 'more nickel quilts' I think she has an anthology with all the publications in a single volume. These are for 5" charms.
One Block Wonder by Maxine Rosenthal - one trick pony, but really fun!
Any Judy Martin book

AngeliaNR 04-21-2015 11:19 AM

Any book by Bonnie Hunter.

sewingstash 04-21-2015 11:24 AM

For reference, Quilting The basics & beyond by Jeri Simon(lots of photos in it)( in case I forget something). For longarming I like Angela Walters books. I also like the Eleanor Burns books and the Eileen Wright Bargello books(my newest book). I have a reference library of quilt books(my go to ones) and then I have the ones for projects quick jelly roll quilts or regular ones. I love them all as they each have their purpose.

mike'sgirl 04-23-2015 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7172187)
I have several

Any Judy Martin quilt book

Any Eleanor Burns book

I agree with these two. Love them.

Pennyhal 04-23-2015 09:54 AM

I've worn out my Eleanor Burns books. Love them.